New York-Hudson Valley
Options

westchester bands?

Hi! I'm new to the board, getting married 8/24/2013 - so still pretty far away, but i'm sure it'll fly by :) I'm looking for some westchester bands with great music & reasonable prices & also some advice.. how many "pieces" do generally need?? every band i talk to is talking 7-8 "pieces" and I'm just not really sure if I need one that big? I know music is important so I don't want to "cheap out" on it but also don't want to spend 10k just on the band!! any recommendations would be welcome :) thanks

Re: westchester bands?

• Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most bands are about 7-8 pieces

Check out Hal Prince - not sure how much they run

My aunt & uncle used Alive N Kickin' & they were excellent

Also heard great things about Phaze 4
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Soul Revival at our wedding and they were amazing!  They are way under $10K too.  I know they are having a showcase next week b/c my co-worker is going and asked if I wanted to join just b/c they were so fun!   Regarding the size, you are right, most are 7-8 pieces, but Soul Revival can go smaller if you wanted, just so you know.  I highly recommend them!  Their website is: www.soulrevivalband.com
    HTH!
    Rose

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used The Touch www.thetouchpage.com and they were great!  They're located in Long Island but sometimes play in Yonkers if you want to hear them.  They play a mix of weddings and bars.  Even with a small travel fee, they were still more reasonably priced than any other band we found. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards