California-San Diego
Options

Need Outdoor Venue In San Diego!

I have been searching online for a few months now trying to find an affordable garden wedding site for a November wedding.  I'm looking to have the ceremony and reception in one place, because between the two of us we've got well over 150 close family members - the joys of being a part of large hispanic families!

I'm being kept on a tighter budget than I'd like, and I only have about 12-15k  to spend on the entire wedding.  I have a DJ, a photographer, a florist, and an officiant all in the family not to mention an incredibly gifted artistic sister so DIY everything else should be do-able.  I just need a place! 

I really like San Dieguito park, but they do not allow amplified music there (I believe).  I have looked a little into renting out an estate for the weekend, but that can get VERY pricey... I am not at all opposed to a "backyard" wedding though, if it would fit our family! I've checked out Twin Oaks House, Grand Tradition, and Los Willows, and we'll be looking at Paradise Gardens on Thursday.  So far I like Los Willows the best, but I REALLY can only afford the Twin Oaks price...

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Need Outdoor Venue In San Diego!

• Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is a  venue in Jamul:  

You can have ceremony and reception at the same place.  Looks beautiful.
  • Options
    roger043roger043 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a similar issue in a tighter budget! I have looked at the Ranco Buena Vista Adobe in Vista which is beautiful. We have also looked at the Vista Optomist Club in Vista which is really reasonable and you can have both inside and out. Both locations allow amplified music. Good luck!!
  • Options
    ekilzer1ekilzer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Old Richland Schoolhouse in San Marcos.

oldrichlandschoolhouse.com 

I am in the exact same boat as you and they fit perfectly into the budget. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Tuesday Club in Point Loma.  They have a beautiful garden area for ceremony and then inside for the reception (although you may be able to have it outside too...i am not sure)  I have heard great things about it and think it is pretty reasonably priced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at San Diego Botanic Gardens (used to be Quail) in Encinitas.
    http://www.sdbgarden.org/wedding.htm

• Options
    kjhharriskjhharris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Japanese Friendship Gardens are exquisite, in Balboa Park...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards