Second Weddings
Options

first dress fitting and flowers

I'm so excited and nervous! I have my first fitting tomorrow! Eeep! I just hope the dress still fits. I've gained a little bit of weight since I bought it a year ago, but it has a corset back so I'm not too worried.

I'm also meeting with the flourist tomorrow to pick out, well, everything! I'm really really excited about that. I had silk flowers last time. Not that I'm knocking silk, my bouquets were beautiful and I had a blast putting them together. But I can't help but be excited about real flowers. The centerpieces and ceremony decorations are included in our venue package. I didn't have floral centerpieces or any ceremony decorations the last time so this excites me too.

Oh I can't wait! How are everyone else's plans going?

Re: first dress fitting and flowers

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have fun at the fitting today.  I, too, am a big fan of fresh flowers.  FI brings a bouquet to me every week and sends roses every month on our anniversary.  *sigh* 

And ... since you asked how things are going ...

ATTIRE.  My dress is hanging in the closet.  Shoes are next.  We've found (although not purchased) my son's tux -- he is my best man.  FI has yet to decide if he's buying or renting his tux and, honestly, I have no need/desire to get involved in all of that.

FLOWERS.  I just met with a new floral designer on Friday.  There was a *moment* of panic when great communication turned into radio silence, when our first contact left the firm.  Everything is good to go now!  We'll have a canopy/chuppah, my bouquet, bouts for the groom and 2 best men and a single arrangement in a favorite vase (sentimental value). 

OFFICIANT.  We met with our officiant (my cousin) on Monday.  Ceremony text is settled. :)  She wants to go to the venue and help design the processional flow, guest greeting, meeting at the chuppah, etc.  I'm so happy about that b/c its been a little tough for me to envision it.  She's only charging us 1/3 of her regular fee!  We're going to surprise her with a big tip, to bring that payment up to 1/2 of the usual rate. 

MUSIC.  Ceremony music -- all classical -- is 90% set, including a duet to be played by my son and my cousin's wife (woo hoo!!).  I meet with the quartet director tomorrow to discuss the processional music (the only place things are "iffy").

INVITATIONS.  I met (by phone) with the designer last week.  This is my luscious indulgence -- letterpress invitations! *dreamy sigh*  I_don't_care that they go into the trash ... these invitations will set the tone for the formality of the event, echo certain elements of the venue and feel absolutely yummy!  Hee hee!

There's more, but I'll stop there.  Embarassed
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your first fitting!  I had mine on Tuesday, which finally made me feel the clock is ticking!

I think I'm in good shape as well, or I'm wallowing in a false sense of security. 

I've finalized the invites and just waiting on the printing and delivery (LISA - Are you using Allison?)

I finalized the flowers, but now may include some palm tree rentals (who knew you could rent palm trees!).

Finalized the music, for both the reception and cocktail reception, and finalized the play list.  My FI won't know what I'm walking down to until I walk down.

Selected the officiant, selected readings and written my vows (haha - I did those a year ago!)

The only outstanding items are:
    * Go to our tasting - end of March
    * Put a contract down for transportation - we're shuttling guests from hotel to venue.
    * Programs - A DIY project
    * Table names  - A DIY project
    * Get bridal jewelry - I hear Nordstroms has a new bridal section!
    * Get rings - This weekend!!
    * Get marriage license - in 2 weeks
    * Get my daughters to decide on their dresses - argh.  I told them that if they don't decide soon, they'll probably be walking down in their hoodies and Ugg boots!

In short, (I think) I have more done than not done, which is good.  I have 4 months, but I'm sure that will go by fast.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NMauser - Congratulations on your first fitting.  I had mine on the 20th and found that there are areas that still need to be taken in - but that's okay (personally I think I need to be taken in but there is only so much one can do in 38 days- eep).

Is it time to panic yet???  We're almost done with the "to-do" list.  We have the important issues covered (I think).  Officiant, attire, veil (mom pressure), shoes, venue, dessert, meal, decor, candles (real and LED), table names, floral arrangements, DJ, photographers, wedding stationery, guest book (coffee table book of our engagement pictures), sand ceremony kit, toasting flutes, favor containers for the Mexican Wedding Cookies,  and tiered displays for truffles and cookies.

We still need to print pictures for the fireplace mantel and put them in the frames we have.  We will need to print programs and excort cards soon.  One week before the wedding we will have to pick up our marriage license. We need pens for the guest book, and gifts for the bridal party for the rehearsal dinner.  I also need to set up the appointments for the hair styling.

Oh and now that I am having a "shower" (so excited about this); I will need to pick up thank you cards and a hostess gift.  
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MikesAngie:  OK, quit holding out on us - where are the dress pics?  You have been teasing us for the longest time now! 

JK - I know you are on crunch time from here on out, and I cannot wait to read your recap and see your pics!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Abbey I should have pictures my next fitting I didn't take my Fi's daughter this last time... and I don't have a camera.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards