Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Engagement Party

My cousin is engaged and having an engagement party.  We never did it when I got engaged, so we're kinda clueless about what's expected.

My dad wants to give them a gift.  I told him it wasn't required, but he wants to.  The thing is, we have no idea what to give them, or what would be appropriate $$ wise.  I told him cash is always appreciated, but he wants to do something more "fun".  They aren't registered yet, so that's no help either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Engagement Party

• Options
    Bottle of wine, nice photo frames,
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    A bottle of wine or champagne.. a gift card to Crate & Barrell or BBB.. a giftcard to go out to eat.. etc...
  • Options
    A date night?  A GC to a favorite restaurant, movie tix or a dvd, and a bottle of wine or something?  I love basket gifts for this sort of thing.

You're right, gifts aren't required or expected, but if you want to do something, it would be nice.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm thinking a bottle of wine and a gift card to BBB or C&B or Lowe's or something.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Our favorite engagement gift was a GC to our favorite restaurant for a date night since we were saving up our money for the wedding.  We also got bottles of wine, picture frames, a really nice photo scrapbook, etc. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_engagement-party-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:5b24403e-b224-4ebf-8e51-cf4c438e7d65Post:4efd3859-e032-4605-9bd7-096aea35ecb7">Re: Engagement Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]A bottle of wine or champagne.. a gift card to Crate & Barrell or BBB.. a giftcard to go out to eat.. etc...
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

We got a few gifts exactly like these for our engagement party and we were thrilled.
  • Options
    At our engagement party we got several bottles of wine.  We really enjoyed them and that is usually what I give at engagement parties.  I think it is a nice way of telling someone 'congrats' without going over the top.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks for the ideas.

If we got them a gift card, any idea what would be appropriate money-wise?  He wants to be "generous" but not "embarrassing".  

Again, thank you so much for your help.
  • Options
    Maybe $25?
  • Options
    Awesome.  Thanks!
  • Options
    A wedding planner binder for notes, contracts.  I bought mine myself but it would make a great engagement gift.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_engagement-party-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:5b24403e-b224-4ebf-8e51-cf4c438e7d65Post:7490d3ee-1f03-443e-8e5e-dbdcca03e141">Re: Engagement Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome, thanks for the ideas. If we got them a gift card, any idea what would be appropriate money-wise?  He wants to be "generous" but not "embarrassing".   Again, thank you so much for your help.
    Posted by filaw[/QUOTE]

Most of our engagement gifts were around the $50-75 mark. One clever gift I received is a crystal ring holder to rest my e-ring (and eventually wedding bands) on for our bathroom.
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards