Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

wedding night splurge on hotel - yay or nay?

Hi Brides - I'm in the last few months of wedding planning and am now thinking about every dollar I'm spending.

Right now hubby to be and I have a regular room at The Bourbon Orleans pre wedding and then jump to their fancy two story thing from the day before our wedding and beyond.

It's about an extra $500 and I'm just wondering what I should do.

We won't be taking a honeymoon until about 6 months later so I'd like to stay somewhere nice . . .

What about you girls - did you splurge on your wedding night hotel or no? Worth it or not?

I'm thinking that maybe we don't need it the day before (which would lower the cost a bit) but then the girls and I would be getting ready in a regular room - which I'm sure would be fine right - AHHHHHHHHHH =)

Re: wedding night splurge on hotel - yay or nay?

• Options
    I splurged on my hotel, because I wanted the photographer to have a nice space to take photos of us getting ready and also I wanted to make sure we had enough room.  I have five bridesmaids and we definitely needed the space.  The night of my wedding, we were so tired that we passed out immediately.  The only bummer was that someone put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on my room during the day and when we came back to the room it was filthy.
  • Options
    ZeroOrchestraZeroOrchestra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Our room the night of was included with our venue (not a hotel), but we splurged on a panoramic room at the international house hotel the next day for our minimoon and it was really nice.

We got ready at the venue in the same room so what I did was ask one of my BMs to make sure everyone had their things out and I had an arrangement with my decor person, Lisa at Luminouse Events to set up some candles in the room and have them lit before we went up there. It was really very nice, we came into a clean, calm candlelit room. We stayed up a few hours talking, recapping, eating, and opening cards so it was nice to have the couch in there to relax on and be comfy and the CD player for some music.

In short, I would make to to where you are at least coming into a clean room.
  • Options
    I did the opposite. I used the townhouse suite for the getting ready with the girls so that we could have space and then we left and went on a cruise. The cruise ship had a tiny room, but we spent so much time away from the room doing activities, it didn't matter that we were honeymooning in a small room. I think its important to have a larger getting ready room and maybe you can downsize when it''s just you and him. All the bourbon orleans rooms are nice.
  • Options
    We splurged on a fantastic condo in the FQ for the night before and night of. It's the perfect place for us to get ready, it's gorgeous and the kitchen/dining area is perfect for pastries &mimosas while we get ready! It didn't cost that much more than the suite we had already booked, and the value on all levels is infinitely better!
  • Options
    We were at the Bourbon Orleans in a regular King Size room for our wedding and then had one of the 2 story suites booked for day of wedding and day after wedding.  Honestly, our King size room was big enough to handle all the gals getting ready (and had a view of the courtyard/pool already) and my hubby got ready in his best man's room SO we/I ended up cancelling our 2 story suite to stay in our King Size for the duration in order to save the extra $$ and use it somewhere else (i.e. honeymoon!).  We were out so late the night of the wedding anyway that we were just happy to come back to a great comfortable room (which the Bourbon O King is) and didn't think anything of having 1 or 2 stories.  Anyway - climbing stairs to get to the 2nd floor would have been a chore anyway :)  I had 4 women gettnig prepped on our room one after the other and all worked out fine if you are worried about room size, but I'd say do what you really want  - this is your day/weekend :)
    dml
  • Options
    we got an upgraded large room at a discount (but still very pricey!) for the weekend of our stay.  2 nights required.  It was great to have to get ready and take pictures in on Saturday morning as all my luggage and other crap was in another room, so nice clean background, but we totally didn't need it on Saturday night.  Looking back, if it had been an option, I would have rathered save the money and stay in a regular room.

However the big difference for me would be if I had to have everything cleaned up and out of the room on Saturday morning before we left, because that's one extra thing I wouldn't have wanted to deal with.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! We decided to get a cheap room right outside of the quarter for Tuesday - Friday. Then Friday - Monday we're in the Bourbon Orleans King Room - it's a nice hotel and WAY fancier than what we would normally do =) I also only have 5 bridesmaid and only 2 are getting their hair and makeup done.

Seriously this feedback was helpful!
  • Options
    Sounds like you already made your decision but my 2 cents: even though you can physically fit in the room, I don't think it'll be real comfortable with that many people.  I've been in a bridal party getting ready with the girls in one of those regular rooms, and I thought to myself, I would get a much bigger room when it was my wedding.  It'll be hard to get nice photos with all the girls sitting on the bed and hair and makeup people using all the available chairs.
  • Options
    Yea this definitely comes down to preferences. I am not having getting ready pictures :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards