Oregon
Options

Budget Oregon Coast Venue

Hello!  I am looking for a great location more about the views and ability to create a great atmosphere for about 50-75 guests. Anywhere on the Oregon Coast that is budget friendly would be ideal, and if we could BYOB ( my fiance is a brewer, so we want to make a specialty beer for the wedding) would be even better.  I have looked on a lot of websites but they all tend to have the same locations any hidden gems out there?

Thanks so much for your help!

Happy Wedding Planning!

Re: Budget Oregon Coast Venue

• Options
    I am in the same boat as you, if I see anything I will pass it on to you!
  • Options
    What do you think of the Pelican Pub and Brewery in Lincoln City?  I think that place would be great for a small wedding on the sand and the reception inside the restaurant.
    Also...
    I was just at Rockaway Beach last weekend.  I saw St. Mary's by the Sea Chapel and it was really cute decorated with nautical fixtures.  I noticed that they had a separate building with(9) 5 foot tables and an attached kitchen.  I was impressed with both spaces and they are right on the ocean.  I was thinking that if weather was permitting you could get married on the beach and if not in the chapel.  There is also a train that runs through town that can be reserved for private parties and has a dinner car. They serve prime rib, salmon or pork loin 4 course meals.  Here are the links:http://www.oregoncoast.com/stmarys/index.html

ocsr.net

Loading Train at Garibaldi
  • Options
    I grew up in florence, and know about the Heceta Head lightkeeper's house venue. It is on a cliff overlooking the ocean. It is a beautiful venue, and you can bring in your own drinks I believe. I almost picked it, but decided to go inland for better weather, since I want an entirely outdoor affair. Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was just researching that this morning! We haven't yet decided if we are doing the beach or inland (we're from Salem), but are exploring options. I found the community hall in Cannon Beach is beautiful, but I don't have any more info on them as I just emailed them this morning.

http://www.cannonbeach.org/events/community_hall.aspx

I looked at Pelican Pub because I love Pacific City, but it was way out of our budget (min is $70 per person).

Also, you could try the state parks. Many of them have covered areas.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I am also researching weddings @ the beach on a budget.  I am looking to rent a house @ Rockaway Beach.  It's beautiful but might be a bit tight for 75 people however the beach outside makes for a beautiful backdrop for a ceremony.  It can be rented through Vacasarentals and is called the Rockaway Beach Villa.  They do allow a max of 75 people but at an additional fee of $1500.  With the rent for the house and the fee it is coming out to be the most economical price for us.  There are also little cabins and condo's right next door that guests could rent to stay in.  My only problem is I haven't found any local caterers yet but I am working on that.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards