Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Parent album as a parent gift

I starting to look at photographers, and a lot of them are mentioning a "parent book" which they say is like a smaller version of our wedding album that you give to your parents. I'm thinking that would be a great parent gift for both our parents. Because you're supposed to get your parents a gift, right? What do you think? Would that be a good gift? I'm second guessing myself thinking that it's like giving someone a picture of yourself for a present. That's not a present. Should we stick to something they can use, or wear (like jewelry for the moms)?

Thanks!

Re: Parent album as a parent gift

• Options
    When my older sister got married they gave clocks with their wedding date on them to the parents, which my mom loved because her mom had a very similar one to it on her mantle that she always admired.

When my younger sister got married they initially wanted to buy the parents digital picture frames, but dad beat her to the punch and bought mom one for her birthday two weeks prior so they gave them a bunch of gift cards to their favorite restaurants.  They did give BIL's parents the digital frame though.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that the "parent albums", just like the regular album, won't be done until months or even a year after your wedding, because you have to go through the proofs, select the images, and wait for them to put it together, then approve or make edits, wait for second proof, etc.

I think many people like to give a parent gift the day of or a few days before the wedding.

It's up to you though.  We're doing parent albums, but we're buying a tasteful, inexpensive gift for the parents to give on the day of the wedding as well.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Options
    Damn! You're absolutely right slubkin! I totally forgot that I want to give them the gift the day of. Crap.....now I gotta think of something else.
  • Options
    My mom would LOVE to get wedding pictures for a gift. It just depends on what they like...my mom doesn't ever wear jewelry. Pictures are sure to be a keepsake, so I think it's nice to get your parents some no matter if it counts for their gift or not.
  • Options
    Maybe parent albums would be a good Christmas present?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards