Rhode Island
Options

New Bride to Be in the Rhode Island area

HI Ladies
I have recently gotten engaged and are looking at the following venues...

Kirkbrae Country Club
Alpine Country Club
Quidnessett Country Club
Biltmore

Any feedback or suggestions?

Thanks

Kari from Providence

Re: New Bride to Be in the Rhode Island area

• Options
    Hellos and Congratulations! What are you looking foe your wedding date to be?? I looked at both Alpine and Quidnessett, Both are very nice. I liked Alpine a little better than quid because quid seemed a little outdated inside. However the view that quid offers is beautiful! However we went a total different direction and ended up in newport lol. Goodluck on your venue search!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I looked at Quid and Kirkbrae. But ended up in Middletown - Atlantic Beach Club. as PP said, Quid was a little outdated. FI didn't like it at all. I didn't either. It was old and almost dirty to me. The set up of the rooms and how everything was explained, I didn't like that either. for example, cocktail hour in the same room, etc. However, the view is great, just get some seat covers if you decide to go there. the food I hear is really good, and cheap! We looked at the food choices and prices - starting at $36 per person! crazy! Kirkbrae I liked better, but still not as much. Don't let the pics online fool you, it looks like it's so set off the road and beautiful - but the pic online is from the backside of the club. It's got 2 beautiful rooms - but the one room is much better than the other. However, I think you need at least 200 guests for the better room. Or else they put you in this other space with ugly dividers and no view. We weren't really impressed with either. But best of luck with your search. I think if you have the budget...the Biltmore may be your best option. Wonderful view and food. Alpine I didn't visit - you may need a member's sponsorship though - if I remember it right after looking into it. We looked at a lot of venues!

• Options
    To verify what PP said...you do not need a members sponsorship for Alpine! :) Also I agree that if your budget allows you should check into the Biltmore!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Were using Kirkbrae and did not look at the other venues you listed so my opinion is biased. We had limited options as we live in S.Eastern, MA and have alot of very elderly relatives who can not travel far. Lincoln was about as far into RI as we could go and we also looked at venues in the southeast MA area and Kirkbrae was by far the best option and value.

We are using the large ballroom which is the best bet if your going to go there. The smaller ballroom is super claustraphobic and just not as nice. The big ballroom has the great views of the golf course and access to the patio that overlooks it. It is a little bit more expensive as far as rental fee and the minimum food/beverage might be higher for that room as well. We are only having around 120 and still chose to do the bigger ballroom. Also, the chairs for the room are not so great so we are swapping them out for chivari ballroom chairs which are around 5-6 per chair.

We also really liked the cocktail hour area and just the general views and patio/deck access for our guests. We are getting married mid-September so we thought it would be really nice for our guests to grab cocktails and sit outside and enjoy the nice september air. What really sold us on the venue was the coordinators who are there for you every step of the way and the large amount of amazing reviews for both the food and service. Look up Kirkbrae on weddingwire and you can see the kind of praise they recieve.

Lastly, prices are really good. I think it starts off at about 55-70 depending on the day and then goes up from there depending on if you upgrade food. We will probably be paying around $75ish per person and that includes a stationary display for cocktail, 5 passed apps, and a 4-course dinner. (I will be upgrading some items so my per person is a little higher than the baseline price). The only thing I DONT like is that they dont offer a pp charge for open bar. You pay by consumption which is kind of a pain because you won't know the cost until the end.

Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    My wedding was at the Bilmtore last July and I cannot say enough good things about the venue.  The staff was wonderful, the food was amazing, and the atmosphere was fantastic.  My guests are still talking about what a great time they had.  I would gladly share more details with you if you're interested.  Feel free to PM me.

ETA: I also looked at Kirkbrae and loved it.  It was a hard decision between the Biltmore and Kirkbrae, but I ended up going with the Biltmore bc I like the city atmosphere more and felt more comfortable with the staff at the Biltmore.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We looked at a lot of Venues in RI. We ended up with Quid just because no venue could really beat their prices and we are on a budget. We also loved how Quid is on Narragansett Bay.
    We went to look at Alpine, we didn't like it too much because the dance floor didn't look as big because as the Coordinator was talking to us, some tables would be on the dance floor so we said no to that. But it is a very pretty space.
    We also looked at the RI Country Club. The women there was so rude to us and someone had told me that if you are not a member there they will treat you differetnly and boy i was not mistaken, plus their layout is a little weird IMO. But it is a pretty venue right on the water sorta.
    Kirkbrae is a pretty venue. My BFF had her wedding there and it was pretty. They are priced fairly inexpensively.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We looked at Quidnesset, Kirkbrae, and Wannamoisett Country Club (in Rumford). We fell in love with the ballroom at Wannamoisett and loved the fact that we would be the only reception there that day, which is not the case at the other two. There is also a separate area for cockail hour (for a small fee) and I thought the prices were comparable to the other two places. We arent having our ceremony there though. I liked the larger room at Kirkbrae but that was already booked for fall 2012 when we were looking, and we didnt want to wait until 2013. The coordinators there seemed really on top of things though. The coordinator at Quidnesset was really accomodating as well, and the view was awesome, but we have been to a few weddings there, in the same room we would have booked, and FI wanted to be different.

I'm not sure if youve visited any of these places yet but make a day of out it and look around and see if any of them if you havent. What I found is that some places I thought I would be in love with when looking at pictures, but didnt have the same feeling when I saw it in person.

Good Luck!!
  • Options
    Just like URIsweethearts, we used Atlantic Beach Club in Middletown and LOVED them!  They built the wedding facility on the second level about 10 years ago, so it is pretty new.  They have a HUGE built in dance floor and my guests all said it was the best filet they have ever had at a wedding.  The staff there was fantastic too.  Jordon was our wedding coordinator, and my husband, mother and I all loved her.  She was great at answering questions and making sure our day was what we wanted.  We really liked the price too for a beach wedding.  Plus, we got married in the park next door AND they own two hotels right across the street where we had room blocks. That way our guests didn't have to drive, and my husband and I didn't have to worry about booking transportation.

I highly recommend looking at them.  They really were fantastic.  Regardless of which place you choose, I'm sure it will be great.  You've chosen such a beautiful area for a wedding. Congratulations and best wishes of love, health and happiness for 10 lifetimes together :).
    Married to my best friend since September 4, 2011!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards