Michigan-Detroit
Options

draping/bridal party table - need ideas

The wall behind our bridal party table is going to be a bit bland, and it needs something to help it be focal point for the room.  I'd planned to put a wall of draping behind it, but it was quoted to me as $600 - 700.  That's outrageous!  I thought about renting a bookcase to put behind it, but that's still $200.  Besides making my own draping, do you have any ideas for what I could use to create a backdrop?  One bride at my venue showed pictures, but I don't want to do that.  Since it's a travel themed wedding, I could do a big map, but still not sure how it would stay up behind us.  Ideas?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: draping/bridal party table - need ideas

• Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered up lighting? and/or a monogram via lighting? both would be beautiful.

You could also buy one of those "seasonal projectors" and project a wedding sign or your monogram on the wall.

You should ask you venue what they would suggest. They may have something you could use there.

I've also seen hall square hollow "lamp" sorta things (xmas lights in there) and chandleabras. you can rent them from hobby lobby if you don't want to purchase them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_drapingbridal-party-table-need-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:5ac383e1-866b-4b19-96a9-0cf02f44da2aPost:7f5e81b5-e0b6-411f-b87a-8f9a70c4c25b">Re: draping/bridal party table - need ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Have you considered up lighting? and/or a monogram via lighting? both would be beautiful. </strong>You could also buy one of those "seasonal projectors" and project a wedding sign or your monogram on the wall. You should ask you venue what they would suggest. They may have something you could use there. I've also seen hall square hollow "lamp" sorta things (xmas lights in there) and chandleabras. you can rent them from hobby lobby if you don't want to purchase them.
    Posted by klreese0213[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>If you don't go with a map, I'd say just do some fancy lighting and call it a day. [: </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am looking into draping as well to cover up a divider wall. I got one quote so far for 1500 to cover that wall  and do uplighting for the room and pin spotting on the tables. I don't specifically want uplighting but to have them just come in and do the draping is 1400! I was kind of hoping I'd find a cheaper place, but I guess its just expensive. Can I ask how many feet of draping you were requesting? 
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get quotes that high at all.  Have you checked with your florist?  That's who is doing mine and I want to say it's around 300-400 dollars.  I need it because there is a mirror behind the head table and I hated it!
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who's your florist, Lisa?
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really didn't request by feet, but there's 12 people in the wedding party - so maybe 2 feet per person - that's about 24 feet.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would go with the monogram idea.  I've seen them for about $150.
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    meadstmeadst member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fabric and then spice it up with tulle and lights. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards