Chit Chat
Options

Annoying co-worker

I planned on inviting one of my co-workers to my wedding but he recently started dating another co-worker who I can't stand. She is just to immature and seems to get really annoying when she drinks. I plan on having an open bar and I would like for him to come but I just can't stand his girlfriend and I don't think I will be able to stand her at the reception if she drinks. I would like to enjoy my wedding reception without any problems so should I still invite him and tell him not to bring her or just leave him off the guest list.

Re: Annoying co-worker

• Options

People in relationships are supposed to be invited with their SO. TBH you probably won't even notice her on the day of your wedding.

• Options
    You need to either invite both, or neither.

• Options

Everyone here is right, you can't invite one without the other.

I'm friends with a gal whose husband works with my FI and he's a douche.  Like, a serious douche.  And while we're not really thrilled about inviting him to the wedding, we are inviting them because I'm friends with his wife and I want her there.  I figure with 100 other people, we won't really have to interact with him that much, if at all.

If you aren't really fond of co-worker #1, then just leave both off the guest list entirely.  I have several co-workers that are off my guest list so we could keep it manageable.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_annoying-co-worker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:e2807628-9021-4b72-83f5-8a71d9a14f81Post:3fe1eaac-be5f-4505-974e-5e6fb9dd029b">Re: Annoying co-worker</a>:
    [QUOTE]She isn't obligated to invite the gal if they are only dating.  Those in long-term relationships, engaged  and married couples have to be invited together.  The "flavor of the month" need not be included. Take Miss Manners' advice:  <strong>"Oh, I didn't know you and Susie were engaged/going steady/etc."
    </strong>Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

I don't think that excuse would work in this case.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_annoying-co-worker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e2807628-9021-4b72-83f5-8a71d9a14f81Post:0e7d4fa7-dcf7-42ea-8934-f0b946ccecde">Re: Annoying co-worker</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your wedding isn't for six months.  They'll probably hate each other by then.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking. If she's as annoying as you say she is, he'll probably be sick of her by then. If they're still dating, maybe you're wrong about her, and might find that you like her more than you thought you would..

ED: Also, be prepared for a lot of annoying drunk people. that's one of the perks of an open bar. I doubt she'd be the only annoying one.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_annoying-co-worker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:e2807628-9021-4b72-83f5-8a71d9a14f81Post:0b99388a-bb7a-47db-805a-403e7d342671">Re: Annoying co-worker</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoying co-worker : That's what I'm thinking. If she's as annoying as you say she is, he'll probably be sick of her by then. If they're still dating, maybe you're wrong about her, and might find that you like her more than you thought you would..<strong> ED: Also, be prepared for a lot of annoying drunk people. that's one of the perks of an open bar. I doubt she'd be the only annoying one.</strong>
    Posted by LizziebeeUT[/QUOTE]
    Seriously? Because we had an open bar and not one person was obnoxious (and I was sober and usually am easily annoyed by drunk people).  I'd say annoying drunk people might be a perk of obnoxious friends, but not necessarily of an open bar. 
  • Options
    yeah they arent committed whatsoever she is there when he NEEDs her if you know what I mean otherwise they both mess around with whomever thats why I wondered about whether or not I should invite him or just leave him off. yes alot can change in 6 months so with the way their relationship is going I am kind of leaning towards the breakup and him coming solo. we shall see :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards