Florida-South Florida
Options

Florist

I am having the hardest time with florists. Does anyone have a recomendation for an affordable one that responds in Miami. I've been to three, 2 have yet to give me a quote despite the fact that it's been weeks and my numerous attempts to get a qoute. The other one florist responds very quickly, but everything is $100 or more. It doesn't matter what flowers I pick out, the centerpeice is  always at lest $100. To me this seems high. How much is everyone else paying for centerpeices and do you have any recomendations?

Thank you!

Re: Florist

• Options
    What type of centerpieces do you want for your wedding? Tall or low ones? Also, what flowers are you hoping to use? Tall ones are usually the most expensive ones and it requires a lot of foam which isn't cheap at all. Would you happen to have a picture of your centerpiece inspiration?

Check out Susan Marie from Love the Blooms or Blanca from Creations by Blanca.
  • Options
    I'm talking about a low centerpeice in a glass vase with roses, hydrangas and tulips.
  • Options
    I'll second Susan Marie with Love the Blooms... I don't know if she does Miami weddings but its worth a look. She has an amazing vision and her prices are extremely reasonable
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagekayak
  • Options
    I'm using Blanca also. She was very reasonable and my centerpieces were under $100 each.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_florist-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:33c430ed-262c-476c-85c6-d37bff40d41fPost:d29513ba-cb53-43dd-a053-06071ddcb2f5">Re: Florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm talking about a low centerpeice in a glass vase with roses, hydrangas and tulips.
    Posted by janellaj[/QUOTE]
    And it was nothing under $100??? I'm pretty surprised. My low centerpieces are roses and hydrengeas and it was way less than $100. I'm using Susan Marie from Love the Blooms. She will def help you out, let you know what would be the most affordble, and she is creative!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_florist-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:33c430ed-262c-476c-85c6-d37bff40d41fPost:d9d34373-294d-4525-841a-5c74ca48fb3b">Re: Florist</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll second Susan Marie with Love the Blooms... I don't know if she does Miami weddings but its worth a look. She has an amazing vision and her prices are extremely reasonable
    Posted by valeriep85[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with the marjority, and yes Mrs. Susan does work with Miami Brides (I'm one of them). Honestly, if you know your budget, just let her know and she'll recommend awesome choices that'll accomodate your budget. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, think outside of the box, maybe you don't have to do florals that last one day, maybe you can explore other (and less expensive) options? just a thought. </div>
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • Options
    If you speak Spanish, I've been working with Beatriz, from Gladys Flowers.  She is wonderful and reasonably priced!  305-553-3833.  She has a small shop in South Miami. 
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • Options
    By the way, Blanca of Creations by Blanca did my flowers for my first wedding.  She was very reasonably priced and very reliable on the wedding day.  However, at least back in 2003, her attitude kinda stunk.  I got into it with her a couple of times and I was no where near a bridezilla.  It could have just been a personality conflict or something....just sayin'
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • Options
    I used creations by blanca and my flowers were beautiful!! She was the most affordable I could find and my wedding was on Mothers day weekend. 
    Also try Flowers by Sandra she is in Miami and normally has good prices she just raised them too much for us sinc it was mothers day weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards