Snarky Brides
Options

Morning

Ok, I can barely keep my eyes open.
how was everyone's nights?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Morning

• Options
    I am so over this cold weather!! It's 25 degrees below average and will continue that way until into April. Ugh!! At this rate we will never get our engagement pictures done!!

Last night I went grocery shopping and made a new receipe, Italian Meatball Soup. Soooo good and really healthy! Definitely keeping that one around. And of course I love Monday nights because The Following is on. Obsessed.

I bought some silk flowers to try and create a bouquet, but it is all very overwhelming..I just feel like silk doesn't look good enough so I think I am going to make a florist appointment to gauge some pricing. If it's more than I want to spend, then I can re-think making them myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hiya, ladies -- long time no see.

Things have been busy around here with work and school, so I have had little time to do much else. I'm feeling pretty awful today, but I took a sick day last week and my boss is crazy so I'm not looking to push her buttons. I'll just hole up in my office and try not to talk to anyone.

Tonight I'm trying to convince FI to take me out for Thai food, but we should really be saving money, not spending it. Since I didn't get either of the jobs I applied for, we really need to cinch up our coin purses, as they say. Still... Thai food! Mmmmm....
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pickle -  Sometimes you just need to splurge and have some yummy food!

ugh last week it was almost in the 60's and now its back down to freezing. I am pretty bummed too! when I took my engagement pictures I almost froze to death!

and that sounds delicious.

I need some new recipes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Morning!

We got 5 inches of heavy wet snow last night so it's pretty icky here too. My office is freezing again today! It was freezing yesterday too. I currently still have my winter wool jacket on along with my scarf.

Last night H and I went out to try to find new curtains for the dining room and kitchen and didn't have much luck. Everything was either ugly or too expensive. We found ones we liked online from BB&B, but they didn't have them in the store which was disappointing. Fortuntately we came home and had delicious leftovers of our corned beef and cabbage.

Pickle, I hope you get Thai food. That sounds really great right about now.

Rel, that soup sounds delicious. Maybe I'll make soup tonight. I think it's one of those days.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ugh! This snow, rain and ice are making me want to crawl back into bed.  FI & I have been going to the gym after work every day and I'm beat! We have Sandyhook Race for Families on Saturday so I'm a bit nervous of a 5K run though its only 3miles.

I need sleep :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Morning! Sorry about the weather. Sounds awful. I am headed to the airport soon for my board interview tomorrow in North Carolina.
  • Options
    Good luck with the interview tlc!

fperez, that's exactly how I feel!
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good morning ladies!

I'm trying to focus and get to work. I just dropped FI off at the train station, so I'm a little blue. He may get to come home on Thursday night, but we're not sure. I know I'm a big wimp, but I do not sleep at all when he's not here. He didn't end up taking the "dream job" but he's offered to babysit that store until they find someone else, so we're doing the long distance thing for the next month or so.

Good luck tlc!

Tarra, I feel you! When my day starts like that I have a hell of a time getting over it, hence yesterday sucked after the 4am cat yack fest.

Pickle, what about making some Thai food at home? That's become one of my favs! Thai Kitchen makes really good sauce mixes, we made pad thai a couple of nights ago. (Buzz, Thai Kitchen is GF!!!) For me its easier to justify buying ingredients, knowing I'll have leftovers for lunch the next day!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-126?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:570d7394-b52f-4a19-b3c3-889c0a305d35Post:63dea52c-d933-46e3-9347-0b82aecf7001">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pickle, what about making some Thai food at home? That's become one of my favs! Thai Kitchen makes really good sauce mixes, we made pad thai a couple of nights ago. (Buzz, Thai Kitchen is GF!!!) For me its easier to justify buying ingredients, knowing I'll have leftovers for lunch the next day!
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

What a good idea! Thank you Angel! I know that so many sauces are not GF, so it's nice to know a few that are safe. I need to also pickup some GF soy sauce too. Is fish sauce okay? I'll have to do some lable reading tonight. Hmmm.... Maybe I'll make some Pad Thai tonight. I think I should be able to find some rice noodles since our grocery store has a pretty wide selection of international foods.

ETA: Sorry about FI and being long distance for awhile :(

• Options
    Angel, that is normally the route we take, but I haven't mastered cooking with tofu yet, and that's what I'm craving! I will have to try some of those mixes, though.

tlc -- more good interview vibes being sent your way!

Buzz -- good luck with the curtain search. I have no tips for you -- our's are from IKEA and Target. :-/
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-126?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:570d7394-b52f-4a19-b3c3-889c0a305d35Post:f21824ef-230c-4a86-8dc3-d2e3dec3b8a6">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning : What a good idea! Thank you Angel! I know that so many sauces are not GF, so it's nice to know a few that are safe. I need to also pickup some <strong>GF soy sauce</strong> too. Is fish sauce okay? I'll have to do some lable reading tonight. Hmmm.... Maybe I'll make some Pad Thai tonight. I think I should be able to find some rice noodles since our grocery store has a pretty wide selection of international foods. ETA: Sorry about FI and being long distance for awhile :(
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

I buy the low sodium Tamari by San J, its really good. I also use it in place of Worcestshire sauce, because all the ones in Canada have malt in them (its not the same in the US). I take that with me for sushi too. Apparently you can buy it in packets, so I wouldn't have to bring the bottle but I haven't looked into it yet.
    San J also makes a really yummy thai peanut sauce. I've never looked at fish sauce, I tend to use mixes to save time.

I never eat anything with sauces when I'm out at restaurants, unless they make them from scratch. That's one of the things that's hard to know for sure.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good afternoon now :]

Its a blizzard outside. I hate it. FI has off work today so we are going to make a quick trip to the video rental store, get a bunch of movies & stay inside. 3 new movies we've been waiting to see finally came out on dvd today...The Hobbitt, Zero-Dark-Thirty & Bachorlette. On top of that, at our movie rental place, on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays for every new release you rent, you get a free "nearly new" movie. Ive seen most of them, but I dont mind watching them again if I havent seen them lately.

Im making two more Pinterest inspired recipies for dinner tonight. Pork Chops, browned a little bit in a frying pan, and then put in the crock pot with a can of chicken and rice soup over it. I hope it turns out good! I am also going to make these cheesy potatoes that I found on there. You cut up potatoes like french fries, put in a glass baking dish, pour 2 cups of heavy cream (or half and half), season with your preferred seasonings, top with cheddar cheese, cover with foil & bake in oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour. They both got great reviews, so I am excited. Last night I made pretzel chicken (another Pinterest recipie) & it turned out GREAT! I really need to register for a food processor, because breaking up the pretzels by hand was quite the chore.

Anyway, I am going to lurk the boards for a little bit before I get started on preparing dinner. I am thinking of making some brunch. I am craving french toast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-126?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:570d7394-b52f-4a19-b3c3-889c0a305d35Post:b6d50c2a-9269-493a-8b00-5a704df5a83d">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE] Last night I made pretzel chicken (another Pinterest recipie) & it turned out GREAT! <strong>I really need to register for a food processor, because breaking up the pretzels by hand was quite the chore.</strong> Anyway, I am going to lurk the boards for a little bit before I get started on preparing dinner. I am thinking of making some brunch. I am craving french toast.
    Posted by Sierra524[/QUOTE]

I'll also recommend putting a mallet on your registry if you don't have one. I use that most often for breaking things up into small pieces. Most often I use on things like nuts or other smallish hard food items. My food processor is heavy and pain to get out of its spot in the kitchen so I only use it when I really need it. It's other main use is a meat tenderizer, but I rarely use it for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards