Canada-Alberta
Options

Quick Reccomendations for vendors in calgary

hey guys I just had my wedding 2 weeks ago and thought for those still in the planning stages I would throw out the recomendations from my  wedding for vendors

Flowers we went with Oyster Bay in the NE they were amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! very resonable worked totatlly with my budget and the flowers were AMAZING!!!

Wedding planning - we went with a day of coordinator - Amanda Brown and the Calgary Wedding Planning Company - she was the best thing I did through all my planning so worth the money for the extensive list of things she does day of

Photographer James Lam of JL Photography
Just a wonderful man to work with - amazing turn around time and stunning photo's he took some beautiful shots of my wedding.

DJ
Hype entertainment - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO  awesome these guys just amazing!!!!!!!!!! he had even the seniors up doing the conga line and the ymca and having an amazing time

we rented a shuttle bus from Cardinal Charters they were great - one bus down and then supposed to be 4 busses back but we decided against the 1st and 4th run and they did not charge us for them as we did not use them they were great and very accomadating - I dealt with Johnette. it was a upgraded school bus so white with nicer seats - it was still a school bus but it was perfect and much more reasonable than the limo companies so if you are looking at a charter of some kind check them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and finally we got married in the DeWinton community center
just outside of calgary and a stunning venue beautiful not very community centery at all - hardwood floors and a huge high ceiling. just gorgeous, Greg Davenport was wonderful to deal with and it was just a pleasure to be there for our day

hope that is useful to someone
PM if you want more info on anyone
Sarah

Re: Quick Reccomendations for vendors in calgary

• Options
    atorwaltatorwalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you had a fantastic day! Do you mind me asking how much your day-of planner ended up charging? I think this sounds like an amazing service to hire, but I'm not sure we can afford it.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got really lucky and booked her during a special and ended up paying $500.00 she was worth every penny! My MIL thought someone slipped me Valium I relaxed so much after she arrived! She also does rentals for a really good price too I was sad I didn't find her in time for that! She is definitely worth meeting with consultations are free. You can mention that you got her name off of Sarah and tyrel - dewinton in february. Let me know if you have any other questions and happy planning!!!!!!
  • Options
    atorwaltatorwalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the response! That really doesn't seem too bad. Probably worth it for stress reduction!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I really appreciate your recommendations.  I have been looking at JL images for my wedding but had not seen any reviews of his work.  His pricing seems to be drastically less than many other photographers so I was wondering why.  Can you tell me what all he included in your package.  Did you get all of the digital negatives or only the photos that he touched up on a disk? 

I am also curious about your day off coordinator.  We had considered getting a wedding planner but with our budget it really didn't make much sense.  However your day of coordinator might be a good compromise for us.  What all does a coordinator do?  Did you get to meet and discuss things with her prior to the wedding day?  I really need someone that we can discuss our schedule of events with and then someone who can coordinate our music, decorations and get people where they need to be and when.

Thanks,

Brandi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards