Texas-Houston
Options

Le Virage Ballroom Review - Please avoid this venue

I was married last May, but decided to wait until today to actually write a review for Le Virage on weddingwire.  I wanted to be as rational but honest as possible.  I left for my honeymoon VERY disappointed and upset.

The review I've left below is pretty much exactly what I put on weddingwire but with a bit more detail for my knotties bc this site was so helpful when I was wedding planning.  If you look at this venue's reviews on  weddingwire, with the exception of the "anonymous" 5 star review, every bride had a bad experience, including the 2 reviews that have been REMOVED (by the request of Le Virage, I'm guessing) since I last visited the site this past summer. I'm guessing the 5 star review is from Sam (the lead coordinator) because mentioned their bad reviews when I called him to complain about the service at my reception.

Review-----

I agree with another reviewer that the lead coordinator, Sam, refuses to accept responsibility for what he and his staff promised to do but did not do.

For example, I asked for appetizers to be served when the guests arrived; they were not served until my parents got the venue, which was at least 20-30 minutes after people arrived.  I asked that they set up the blue uplights that were included in my package - these were not set up until after I got to the venue after the ceremony and complained.  Votive candles were also apart of the package, so I requested that 4 be set out at each table (just as the contract I signed said I could).  Not only were they not on the table, but Sam INSISTED that I and my guests just missed them. How in the world would we "miss" over 40 candles?!

Aside from those things mentioned above, everthing, in general, seemed severely disorganized despite the fact that I gave Sam a detailed schedule for the evening.  One example was the cake cutiting - the ladies who Sam appoitnted to assist us that night had to go LOOK and find the knife (which was also included in my package). In addition, the food did not taste the same,  including the appetizers that were soggy/luke warm after the staff servers stood and stared at my guests rather than serving them.

Our total bill with add ons (like appetizers and a meat carving station) was about $12k, but due to recent renovations (they have a beautiful mini chandelliers in the ballroom and a big one in the foyer), they have increased the price of their packages significantly.  Sam mentioned several times what a "good deal" we were getting.

That money you're paying, IMO, is for decor only (well, assuming they actually set up your uplights and candles). The price of this venue does not reflect the profesionalism or quality of service - it was pretty worthless.

When I called after my honeymoon to complain, Sam claimed he didn't see any of this, refused to acknowledge it happened, and claimed he was in the kitchen the whole time "coordinating" the event.  Obviously, my husband and I do not believe that.  Its one thing to mess up someone's wedding reception, but to completey refuse to take responsibility is ridiculous and unprofessional.

Le Virage is a BEAUTIFUL venue, but it's not worth the cost.  Keep looking.
Anniversary

Re: Le Virage Ballroom Review - Please avoid this venue

• Options
    Thank you for the review and letting your fellow knotties know about this venue. Sorry you had such a bad experience. 
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards