African American Weddings
Options

ATTN Atlanta ladies: What County is Castleberry Hill (Downtown) in? And Marriage License question...

Our wedding is a destination wedding in Atlanta and I wanted to make sure that I had the right county for my venue. Is the Loft at Castleberry Hill in Fulton County?

I also wanted to know about the Marriage License time limit. Since we are getting married in June and wanted to get our License in our last visit to Atlanta before the wedding. I wanted to make sure that we could get our license in March and it still be good for our June 25th wedding?

My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
Created by Wedding Favors
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!

Re: ATTN Atlanta ladies: What County is Castleberry Hill (Downtown) in? And Marriage License question...

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it's in Fulton.  Google "marriage license in Georgia" and it should link you to a page that shows time limits for Fulton.  It's 45 days here in Cincinnati.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Date twin!!! I have google but have not gotten a clear answer :-(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's what I just found on this web site:

http://www.marriage-laws.info/georgia/georgia-marriage-laws/

Unlike most states, once a Georgia marriage license is issued it will not expire.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much Date Sis!!! This is so helpful!!! And perfect for us! So glad that we decided on Atlanta!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, I had no idea ATL was the ideal place for a destination wedding b/c of their laws....good choice Date Twin!!! 
  • Options
    halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you have the answer to this but do you also know about the discount you receive for doing pre-marital counseling?  I just moved from Atlanta and I was engaged before (was getting married in Fulton Co. too).  It's a pretty significant amount so don't forget your certificate if you plan to do counseling.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes ma'am, I know about the discount. I don't know if we will be doing counseling before March :-(  That is pretty cool that Atlanta license don't expire. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $16.00...yay! Thanks for posting this Cincy! Yas, when do you plan to start counseling? And Tam said you were coming to see her...when are you going? I'd love to meet you in person! Did you speak with Dominique as well?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_attn-atlanta-ladies-county-castleberry-hill-downtown-marriage-license-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2b4059e0-18a8-4a38-872d-3003170190d4Post:c461877d-4f1b-4f09-8c21-514c873be645">Re: ATTN Atlanta ladies: What County is Castleberry Hill (Downtown) in? And Marriage License question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]$16.00...yay! Thanks for posting this Cincy! Yas, when do you plan to start counseling? And Tam said you were coming to see her...when are you going? I'd love to meet you in person! Did you speak with Dominique as well?
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

I don't know when we would start counseling. Honestly, we don't have a pastor and to see a therapist is just not in the budget :-( So I am trying to see if there are any free or discount counseling services here. Do you know of any in Atlanta that will allow us to do it in one day?

I am going to see Tam on March 25th. Hopefully, I can get my hair trial that morning because we are taking our new Engagement Pictures that evening. I would love to meet you too!

Yes, I have spoken with Dominique. I am going to let her do my trial for the Engagement pictures. More than likely, I am going with her though because her make-up pictures are so natural looking, for the girls and the mom it would be the same price ($45 with lashes and $40 without them and my current artist is trying to charge them $60 and $55 after she told me it would be cheaper and that the mothers would be $75 all after I had booked her and I thought they would be cheaper). Also because mines would be free! Since I still would have to pay my make-up artist $100 on the day of for me and $75 each for the mothers, Dominique is just going to save me money. Hopefully, the trial goes well. Thank you again for all of the recommendations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards