July 2012 Weddings
Options

Most hated baby names list.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/most-hated-baby-names-is-your-kids-on-the-list-2480235.html

I was surprised to see some of the names.  I love the name Tristen FI is not a fan.  I also always loved Mackenzie but my brother demolished that name by saying that he always thinks of the budweiser dog spud mackenzie lol.
Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Most hated baby names list.

• Options
    I am not suprised only because I find half of those names to just be over used..
  • Options
    I fully agree with all of the names on the hated list.  I could never imagine seeing Nevaeh at the top of a resume.

A lot of times in my office, when someone has a baby, they want to keep the name a secret so I ask "It's not Aiden, Kayden or Jayden is it?"  And they laugh and say no so I say, "Then whatever you pick will be perfect."
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Well there goes the girl name we have picked out for a girl...Nevaeh....haha but I don't care! We'll still probably use it!  I've thought about the Nevaya(h) instead...

EDIT: I definitely agree with the aiden...wayyyyy over freaking used!!! I had 5 aiden's in the kindergarten class I volunteered in a few years ago...seriously!?!?!?!
  • Options
    Michael?  Really?

Everything else... YES
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My friend is trying to name her baby girl right now. She chose Isabella, knowing it was popular, but she didn't personally know anyone with that name. After visiting me this past wekeend she's decided against it after hearing at least 20 children or pets being called after as "Isabella" or "Bella"
    After she told me she's changing the name I confessed my parents names their pet lab "Bella"  I'm really not a a fan of the name at all, especially for a child. It is WAYYY over used and personally don't even like it.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    bahahahaha my grandmother's name was Gertrude and she went by Trudy. Or Gert. It's pretty bad. The rest of them, totally agree.

Glad to see Charlotte isn't on there, although that's my favorite baby name and I DON'T CARE WHO DOESN'T LIKE IT!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_most-hated-baby-names-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:6425cf83-3a6c-48fe-8975-701b21288070Post:0ea27186-01c1-42a7-8fe2-416e9b817a80">Re: Most hated baby names list.</a>:
    [QUOTE]bahahahaha my grandmother's name was Gertrude and she went by Trudy. Or Gert. It's pretty bad. The rest of them, totally agree. Glad to see Charlotte isn't on there, although that's my favorite baby name and I DON'T CARE WHO DOESN'T LIKE IT!
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

I had an aunt gertrude we called her aunt gert.  Lol but she was so sweet so i like it :)  Lol my grandma is (Margaret) but people called her Peggy and her other sister is Evelyn all old school names :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_most-hated-baby-names-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:6425cf83-3a6c-48fe-8975-701b21288070Post:eb68735b-79a4-41b2-a595-a40615137327">Re: Most hated baby names list.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most hated baby names list. : I had an aunt gertrude we called her aunt gert.  Lol but she was so sweet so i like it :)  Lol my grandma is (Margaret) but people called her Peggy and her other sister is <strong>Evelyn</strong> all old school names :)
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

I love old school names. I think they're timeless and people don't use them anymore, so they SEEM "different" but they're really not. Like Mary. That's a beautiful name, but no one names their kid Mary anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    And I just totally realized I'm having a love fest over butterfly's first name (even though you go by first/middle). Oh well. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have neices names Madison and MaKenna (Spelled Ma instead of Mc)

But, MaKenna is 13, so I think she was named before those types of names became super popular.

A few people I know recently named their daughters: Tinley, Tenley, Mackinley. Those will be overdone too I'm sure.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_most-hated-baby-names-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:6425cf83-3a6c-48fe-8975-701b21288070Post:ccd416a1-764f-4560-b256-38e7a5fe6fb0">Re: Most hated baby names list.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most hated baby names list. : I love old school names. I think they're timeless and people don't use them anymore, so they SEEM "different" but they're really not. Like Mary. That's a beautiful name, but no one names their kid Mary anymore.

I LOVE traditional/old school names.  My great-grandmother was named Margeret and I would love to have a daughter named Maggie!  FI's grandmother is Sophia and I also love that name, but it's becoming really overused lately....
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_most-hated-baby-names-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:6425cf83-3a6c-48fe-8975-701b21288070Post:870a369a-7860-47d0-9ffb-f4a077edca14">Re: Most hated baby names list.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most hated baby names list. : I LOVE traditional/old school names.  My great-grandmother was named Margeret and I would love to have a daughter named Maggie!  FI's grandmother is Sophia and I also love that name, but it's becoming really overused lately....
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

Love love love old fashioned names!  I loved the name Margaret (Maggie for short) BUT its FI moms name and she just annoys me so that has now moved to the bottom of the list.
  • Options
    Awww there are a lot of cute names on this list but I agree some name are overused. I definitely stayed away from the baby name books when naming my girls.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_most-hated-baby-names-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:6425cf83-3a6c-48fe-8975-701b21288070Post:2c3feb6c-3cee-4b95-832d-88a859c4f269">Re: Most hated baby names list.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>And I just totally realized I'm having a love fest over butterfly's first name</strong> (even though you go by first/middle). Oh well. :)

haha yay!! thank you!

I absolutely agree with that list, btw. Confused about why people hate Michael. but UGH neveah and destiny and bentley all make me want to poke my eyeballs out.  I agree that naming a child after any type of name brand is trashy (and Bentley makes me think of that chick on Teen Mom).  I had a cousin who named their kid Elyse but spelled it in some weird way so that it was spelled like a type of car...I totally don't get that.

I also love classic and old fashioned names. Before it got overused thanks to Twilight I absoutely loved Isabella. 

Now I am considering Katniss Primrose as a girl's name....KIDDING!!! but I am absolutely certain that name will be taken in the near future.

Fiance wants to name at least our first child an Indian inspired name. I am still searching for the perfect one.....
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_most-hated-baby-names-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:6425cf83-3a6c-48fe-8975-701b21288070Post:34642d30-28c2-47ee-a1dd-9cb2cf1565fc">Re: Most hated baby names list.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most hated baby names list. : haha yay!! thank you! I absolutely agree with that list, btw. Confused about why people hate Michael. but UGH neveah and destiny and bentley all make me want to poke my eyeballs out.  <strong>I agree that naming a child after any type of name brand is trashy</strong> (and Bentley makes me think of that chick on Teen Mom).  I had a cousin who named their kid Elyse but spelled it in some weird way so that it was spelled like a type of car...I totally don't get that. I also love classic and old fashioned names. Before it got overused thanks to Twilight I absoutely loved Isabella.  Now I am considering Katniss Primrose as a girl's name....KIDDING!!! but I am absolutely certain that name will be taken in the near future. Fiance wants to name at least our first child an Indian inspired name. I am still searching for the perfect one.....
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

My cousin's wifes name is Estee. As in, Estee Lauder. I think it's kind of pretty, although it is NOT my style.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hahaha, some of the names yes I agree are overused. I personally hate the name McKenzie. My friend just names her kid Addison, although I don't hear that name very often I must admit.Michael, really? I had thought of using that name but FI decided against it. Good thing either names we both liked didn't make the list even if it did I think we would still use it.

BTW I agree with all of you, I love old school names!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love the name Michael and always have .. now it just happens to also be FI name and he hates it.  I understand that a TON of people our age have this name but I feel like noone is named Michael now a days!
  • Options
     I have always wanted to name a daughter Emily Kay. It would be after my grandma and my mom.  My grandma didn't have a middle name so when she married my grandpa she used the first letter of her maiden name as a middle initial and that was K so either way it would be honoring my grandma.
     I am surprised about Michael though.  Yes it is a popular name, but that doesn't mean that it should be on the worst names list.  I can think of many names that are so much worse than those on the list. Like Blue Ivy (Beyonce and Jay-z's daughter)  Beyonce should be on that list too.  She is beautiful, but has an awful name.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Oops guess that crosses Aidan off my list. Not that I was seriously considering it because it becomes confusing in Spanish, but so far it's been the only boy name I almost like haha.

Speaking of names, I met a teenage girl named Shande'lear once. I felt really really bad for her.
  • Options
    This entire thread makes me think of Maybe from arrested development. I just googled it and it turns out she spells it "Maeby" on the show. Just thinking about the family makes me laugh. I LOVE that show so much.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    My children are safe! lol Rudy and Xoe. Very uncommon with the popular names now a days. 

My sister worked for the state entering names of children and parents that were unmarried into there database. Everyday she would have the most insane names come through. She entered children names like Gangster and Rockstar. Just know that there is someone in this world whose leggit first name is GANGSTER.
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_most-hated-baby-names-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:6425cf83-3a6c-48fe-8975-701b21288070Post:8c0d9637-76fc-4dd5-95a7-27b07a950232">Re: Most hated baby names list.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This entire thread makes me think of Maybe from arrested development. I just googled it and it turns out she spells it "Maeby" on the show. Just thinking about the family makes me laugh. I LOVE that show so much.
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

DITTO. Sometimes I watch it when I'm drunk and just giggle to myself incessantly. I cannot wait until they do a movie!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Omg butterfly, my favoritist show EVER! My FI and I have watched the whole thing twice, it never gets old. Did you see there's going to be one more season and then a movie?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oops bridetobe beat me to it!
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Most hated baby names list.:[QUOTE]Just know that there is someone in this world whose leggit first name is GANGSTER. Posted by Melissa.hylton[/QUOTE]

OMG.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_most-hated-baby-names-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:6425cf83-3a6c-48fe-8975-701b21288070Post:60cf20d9-91ec-49af-9521-41faec995088">Re:Most hated baby names list.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg butterfly, my favoritist show EVER! My FI and I have watched the whole thing twice, it never gets old. Did you see there's going to be one more season and then a movie?
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

I really, really hope this isn't a rumor! I saw all of those articles a while back saying they were waiting on a few people to sign on . . . did they get it?!?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My sister in law to be has 4 kids 3 of which are Aiden, Tristan, and Isabella. I know Isabella isn't on the list, but I was laughing after I saw the comments. guess she striked out.
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
  • Options
    I also LOVED the name Charlotte... until I got a new job and that's my 60 year old boss's name. She's a great boss, but it still totally ruined the name as a baby for me.
    Now I'm thinking Scarlett?
    And I know McKinley is was overdone as a girl's name BUT it's FI's first name (he goes 100% by his middle name) so I thought it would be cute to name a girl Kinley after him.
  • Options
    I used to love the name Aiden. Until people started naming girls that. And now it's overly popular. FI hates the name anyway.
  • Options
    I like Madison & Hunter :(

I know a family who has 4 kids and their names are Javis, Javanna, Javada, Javon. What???? Don't they all sound the same?
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards