Wedding Party
Options

JUNIOR BRIDE

Is it ok to have a Junior Bridesmaid walking down the aisle alone? If that be the case I'm have an extra girl in my wedding party What do ya'll  ladies think?

Re: JUNIOR BRIDE

• Options
    Are you asking about a junior bridesmaid?  Yes, it's completely acceptable to have anyone in your BP to walk alone.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Is this one of those deals where a little girl dresses like a bride:  white dress, veil, bouquet?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_junior-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:0d946730-c107-4e39-a653-3b9230350df5Post:af24dcdf-fb50-4471-b113-4b6e56bee0ac">Re: JUNIOR BRIDE</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you asking about a junior bridesmaid ?  Yes, it's completely acceptable to have anyone in your BP to walk alone

Yes a junior bridesmaid
    Posted by yabassa423[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    Sides don't have to be even. We have 4 GM and 6 BMs (including MOH) and a RB and FG.

Here is what we are doing: 

At the beginning, the guys, groom included, will already be up at the front of the church and will not formally walk down the aisle. Then the BMs will walk down, then the RB, then the FG, then me.

When we leave, FI and I will walk arm in arm, the BMs/GMs will do the same, but 2 GMs will have 2 BMs, one on either arm. RB/FG will walk together. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    I've seen plenty of weddings where all the girls walked alone. Can you just call her a bridesmaid instead? Why does she have to be a junior when she doesn't do anything different than the others?
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_junior-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:0d946730-c107-4e39-a653-3b9230350df5Post:ee5392cd-55d2-481f-843d-850a306be529">Re: JUNIOR BRIDE</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've seen plenty of weddings where all the girls walked alone. Can you just call her a bridesmaid instead? Why does she have to be a junior when she doesn't do anything different than the others?
    Posted by CassieeK[/QUOTE]

<div>A lot of people feel the need to label if the girl is too old to be a FG and too young to be a BM, not in the sense that she is too young for any "duties" but perhaps too young for the bachelorette and possibly the choice of attire (strapless dress, revealing neckline, etc). I would say if she is 13+ she should be a regular BM, but obviously she will still miss out on a bachelorette if she is under 18 or 21 (if bars/clubs/alcohol are involved anyway). </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards