Snarky Brides
Options

lol Canada

Our government just announced their federal budget and one of the ones twitter is going nuts over is that we are phasing out pennys. So now we have plastic seethrough money, no pennies, and oonies. Canada cracks me up. Feel free to talk about how much you love Canada.

Re: lol Canada

• Options
    If your weather was better I'd be trying to sneak over the border. You guys have health care and ketchup chips. American ketchup chips just aren't the same.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Is this a Blamecanada bat signal?

I love Anne of Green Gables. Does that count?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lol-canada?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b215646d-e5c8-4911-ab50-a0a52ccf99c5Post:217f893d-52ff-4650-9752-0500fb8a4338">lol Canada</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our government just announced their federal budget and one of the ones twitter is going nuts over is that we are<strong> phasing out pennys</strong>. So now we have plastic seethrough money, no pennies, and oonies. Canada cracks me up. Feel free to talk about how much you love Canada.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I support this and have been wondering when this would happen here!
    Um, I have never been to Canada, but I do like Michael Buble, so thanks Canada! :)
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I LOVE anne of green gables. So hard. And Road to Avonlea. Did you ever see that?
  • Options
    This is obviously more important than the OSA eligibility age being raised. Dumbasses.

(That being said, I must say I'm glad that the penny is being phased out.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I plan to review the budget more when I get home but the OAS being raised to 67 doesn't bode well for us. By the time we retire the system is going to be screwed, I am not banking on receiving anything by then.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Adam hates them too, he won't come near the room if I am watching them. We got married at the TB hospital felicity was sent to in RtA!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lol-canada?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b215646d-e5c8-4911-ab50-a0a52ccf99c5Post:3dcb3a99-7731-4861-a314-5c99aea8f6ae">Re:lol Canada</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE anne of green gables. So hard. And Road to Avonlea. Did you ever see that?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Oh absolutely. I have seen all of them. Fact: I once made my brother and Mike sit through them with me when I had my Bell's Palsy attack, They were trooped but you could tell they were dying. Shortly after my brother saw True Grit and called is "Anne of Green Gables on speed." I lol'd at that.
  • Options
    I'm actually really curious to see how the penny thing works out. 

And I've wanted a reason to post this pic, so here it is. 

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    How have you been doing with that, btw? I was wondering recently.
  • Options
    True story- there are people stockpiling pure copper pennies here for when they phase them out.  Right now, you cant melt them down because its illegal, but after they phase them out, you will be able to melt them down and cash those fuckers in for dough.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Well no pennies will eventually make it easier to cash out. I always had to count them 5 times to make sure I didn't mess up lol.
    I've never seen the movies for AoGG, are they as good as the books? I read all of those a few years ago.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lol-canada?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b215646d-e5c8-4911-ab50-a0a52ccf99c5Post:95ee06b1-0750-4cbd-bc53-004b398582dd">Re:lol Canada</a>:
    [QUOTE]How have you been doing with that, btw? I was wondering recently.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Actually it was going fantastic for a while, thanks for asking! Only I could notice the minor sliappage in my jaw and eye. However, I got a teeth cleaning on Monday and my nerves on that side of my face are flaring up killing me and my face is swelling today. HOPEFULLY, it is just a reaction to the cleaning and it will die down. If it doesn't by tomorrow I am going back in. I am sure I am just overreacting though.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:lol Canada:[QUOTE]True story there are people stockpiling pure copper pennies here for when they phase them out.nbsp; Right now, you cant melt them down because its illegal, but after they phase them out, you will be able to melt them down and cash those fuckers in for dough. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    How can you tell the difference between pure copper and otherwise?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lol-canada?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b215646d-e5c8-4911-ab50-a0a52ccf99c5Post:88da41b0-8c3c-4a1f-bfc5-ba8cb53f9f25">Re:lol Canada</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:lol Canada: How can you tell the difference between pure copper and otherwise?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I think the dates?

All i know is i saw a tv show about a company that will store them for you.  As it stands right now, the copper IN pennys is worth more than the penny itself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    That's so frustrating M, I hope it was just the cleaning. Unrelated, I had an eye twitch that lasted just over a month, the whole eyelid was twitching randomly and whenever I moved my lips. I was going crazy and I just realized I havnt noticed it in a while.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lol-canada?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b215646d-e5c8-4911-ab50-a0a52ccf99c5Post:21a4e926-e674-4dcd-8291-2e64c36f4453">Re:lol Canada</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's so frustrating M, I hope it was just the cleaning. Unrelated, I had an eye twitch that lasted just over a month, the whole eyelid was twitching randomly and whenever I moved my lips. I was going crazy and I just realized I havnt noticed it in a while.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

ugh! Isn't that just so annoying? That sucks :( But we shall hush of it now, in case it is lurking and ready to come play again.
  • Options
    Nebb- eye twitches are your eyes telling you they need more oxygen
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I couldnt get this picture to show well so here a link :)
    http://www.canadaisbetter.com/

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I don't understand all of the fuss over losing pennies. All of ours end up in jars to give to the kids when they get older anyway (let them roll them and buy little treats). My wallet will thank me! I received a Louis Vuitton as a gift, and the weight of my change over the years has completely ruined the change part of it. I could have been more diligent in emptying it out, but it's my "every day" wallet, and I always have a billion other more important things on my mind. Besides, I figured they would be made to withstand some minor abuse given their reputation but I guess I was wrong.

I'm definitely more concerned about the changes to OAS. Doubtful that it'll be around by the time I qualify in 40+ years.

On another note, the school district we're in has royally screwed up SO many decisions in the last few years (changes to french immersion is the one that bugs me the most). Our son starts school in the fall so I'm pretty freakin concerned about how all of that is going to affect us.

But I still love you Canada <3. My home and native land!!

ETA: pirategal - SO funny. Over my way, it's usually moose and deer taking over the streets :) and occasionally raccoon. They can be vicious!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I am glad we are getting rid of pennies. I don't really see the point in them.

As much as I dislike the winter and the cold I love having 4 seasons. I like being able to have a white Christmas and the winter makes me appreciate Spring so much more. 

I am with Mrs.J, I love the sky. Especially since we have moved north. It's just so pretty. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lol-canada?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b215646d-e5c8-4911-ab50-a0a52ccf99c5Post:00a00c33-b63c-4425-b219-b09a3f8084e6">Re: lol Canada</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am glad we are getting rid of pennies. I don't really see the point in them. As much as I dislike the winter and the cold I love having 4 seasons. I like being able to have a white Christmas and the winter makes me appreciate Spring so much more.  I am with Mrs.J<strong>, I love the sky. Especially since we have moved north. It's just so pretty. </strong>
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

I love when I'm back home out of the city and can see the northern lights.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Blue - my eye is only lacking oxygen on the left? I dunno I read a bunch of things and I think it was more of a nerve thing, based on whenever I use my mouth (purse my lips, bite into things, press my lips together or lick them, etc) it sets it off. Sadly, I got pissed off at sales guy right at the end of the day and it frigging started twitching again, oratleast I noticed it again.

Those are awesome pics Jesse, we dont get those here at all!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lol-canada?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b215646d-e5c8-4911-ab50-a0a52ccf99c5Post:4d36bb23-47f0-4678-a6eb-f99dc76eb44b">Re: lol Canada</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue - my eye is only lacking oxygen on the left? I dunno I read a bunch of things and I think it was more of a nerve thing, based on whenever I use my mouth (purse my lips, bite into things, press my lips together or lick them, etc) it sets it off. Sadly, I got pissed off at sales guy right at the end of the day and it frigging started twitching again, oratleast I noticed it again. Those are awesome pics Jesse, we dont get those here at all!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

People have commented both Bells and eye twitches in general can be stress related.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I have been putting off bringing it up to my doctor and hoping it was just stress but if its still bugging me by monday (when I have an appointment) I will mention it. I saw something that if it IS your nerves, you will need botox to fix it or something.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: lol Canada:
    [QUOTE]Blue - my eye is only lacking oxygen on the left? I dunno I read a bunch of things and I think it was more of a nerve thing, based on whenever I use my mouth (purse my lips, bite into things, press my lips together or lick them, etc) it sets it off. Sadly, I got pissed off at sales guy right at the end of the day and it frigging started twitching again, oratleast I noticed it again. Those are awesome pics Jesse, we dont get those here at all!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Are you doubting my genius??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lol-canada?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b215646d-e5c8-4911-ab50-a0a52ccf99c5Post:e63181c9-88ad-42f2-93e5-779baa842f0d">Re: lol Canada</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: lol Canada : [QUOTE ]Blue - my eye is only lacking oxygen on the left? I dunno I read a bunch of things and I think it was more of a nerve thing, based on whenever I use my mouth (purse my lips, bite into things, press my lips together or lick them, etc) it sets it off. Sadly, I got pissed off at sales guy right at the end of the day and it frigging started twitching again, oratleast I noticed it again. Those are awesome pics Jesse, we dont get those here at all! Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE] Are you doubting my genius??
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    always :P
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    OH wtf, why did it end up looking like that?!
  • Options
    bongebonge member
    First Comment
    I love canada.

Those pics are beautiful Mrs. Jesse. My mom takes ones like that, but of mountains too. 

Country lfie is so different than city life though. My friends who came down from edmonton were amazed at how well you could see the stars when you got out of the pollution infested air. 
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
  • Options
    oonies? Wtf? Where was I for that story... And good riddance pennies
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards