Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening thread

Re: Evening thread

• Options
    I'm packing for my trip.  I've got four well-wrapped bottles of wine in my suitcase. 
  • Options
    I loved The Town.  And I usually hate Ben Affleck.
  • Options
    I am watching stuff on the wedding for lack of anything else on.  I have Grey's and Private Practice DVRed to watch, but I was planning on saving them for tomorrow when H is on duty.  Tonight is pretty boring though, so I might end up watching them and renting some movies tomorrow.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I totally forgot about those today. Honestly, I sat on my couch watching wedding stuff from 9:30 until about 2:30. Then I felt like I had to make something of myself.
  • Options
    Hello! I just watched the Royal Wedding! We had it on DVR.
    Tomorrow is my first bridal shower so I won't be here long :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    I think I finally found an officiant. Now I just need to get FI to give the sign off. I"m slightly excited/relieved.
  • Options
    I had no intentions of purposely watching the wedding today, but H is really into it because of all the history they are talking about and stuff.  So we fell asleep watching TLC in bed, and I woke up at 3am seeing Kate get in the car with her dad, so I stayed up and watching it since I had to get up at 4 anyways to take my aunt to the airport.  Then I woke H up once they were starting the ceremony because I knew he would want to watch it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Birdie if that one falls through, I can become legal online for you!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Haha well this lady is 2.5 hours away from where we're getting married, but she said she's willing to travel. I really like her and she is into the type of ceremony that I want to do. She also does pet memorial ceremonies which I think is awesome.

I just need FI to let me make a decision. He's doing the whole indecisive, but I won't help you make a decision thing. I'm about to lay the smack down.
  • Options
    Yeah that would drive me nuts.  If he continues with that, I would just book her and be like "oh you said you didn't care."
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So we're flipping through netflix. did you guys know they have a Titanic II movie? I almost want to watch it to see how awful it is.
  • Options
    Yeah I"m trying to find a good time to bring it up since I don't want to be preachy. But he's been sitting on this task that I gave him for over a month so I'm either going to ask if it's ok to book her or if he wants someone else he needs to figure it out in two weeks. Or else. :)

Well I need to go to bed. I have to get up early tomorrow to go see my niece. I haven't seen her in two months and she's walking now!

Night!
  • Options
    cengle, how can there be a Titanic II?  I mean, didn't it all kind of end when the ship went down?
  • Options
    Night Birdie!  And yes, give him a deadline before you make the decision yourself.

I heard about Titanic 2.  Seriously, the ship is at the bottom of the ocean.  Is it about the ghosts aboard the ship?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Apparently it's about another ship, a fictional ship that was named after Titanic. It has horrible ratings, which is why I'm thinking it would be hilarious.

Although, have you seen this? 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD4OnHCRd_4

It's a fake trailer for Titanic: The Sequel. I laughed so hard when I saw this for the first time.
  • Options
    I have a confession to make.

I just slammed Calypso on the Catholic Brides board.  Was I wrong?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:479120d7-d3a8-4eff-b0fb-c39e0f3f3f62Post:6a910a03-8a8b-4c0f-9683-8fd2a6bfe5d5">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a confession to make. I just slammed Calypso on the Catholic Brides board.  Was I wrong?
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]

<div>Without even reading it, I'm gonna say no.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    perhaps you should check.

She provoked me, honest!
  • Options
    OOT, are you talking about the thread about the long-sleeve dress? If so, no I definitely don't think you were wrong. Calypso sounded really preachy and ridiculous.  Sleeveless dress = harlot? Give me a break.
  • Options
    Haha I just read it, and it definitely just solidified my feelings towards her. 

Harlot here!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:479120d7-d3a8-4eff-b0fb-c39e0f3f3f62Post:80b65197-7e58-4886-a1b0-730a31c63926">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]OOT, are you talking about the thread about the long-sleeve dress? If so, no I definitely don't think you were wrong. Calypso sounded really preachy and ridiculous.  Sleeveless dress = harlot? Give me a break.
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

Yep.  That's the one!
  • Options
    Just like I had to wait for a couple hours to respond to cocnut's post last night, I waited for a couple hours after Calypso's post to respond.  I know she doesn't like strapless dresses, but to call brides who wear them harlots is going too far.  I mean, I'm not a saint, but I'd prefer not to be compared to people who take money for sex.
  • Options
    The term "harlot" makes me chuckle a little. I mean, come on. That's not a term you hear used seriously very often.

I just picture an 85 year old woman clutching her pearls at a young woman baring her shoulders. Scandalous!
  • Options
    Thank you mica for not banning me for my outrage!
  • Options
    Hi everyone!  I got called the N-word tonight by a 90 year old woman, and now I'm a harlot too!  Sweet!
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    KentuckyKateKentuckyKate member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I should add that I'm pretty sure she was confusing that racial slur with a Jewish slur.  Not that that's any better, but at least it's half applicable.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    Ok, I think I'm going to head to bed. I feel like a sloth tonight. I have no motivation to do anything, so I'm giving up and calling it a night. Goodnight everyone!
  • Options
    Oot, I just edited in a little snark into my post in that thread.  I think the half of the brides on that board who wore strapless dresses were pretty irritated too.  I can only imagine how any of us would react if the word harlot was pointed towards a daughter.  I'd blow a fuse (theoretically, of course).

KK, gotta love the demented patients, huh?  I have a patient who pulls out the nastiest racial slurs when he gets urinary tract infections.
  • Options
    Hi KK!

why so late tonight?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:479120d7-d3a8-4eff-b0fb-c39e0f3f3f62Post:037fc1c7-7894-4623-98c9-58290635ecb8">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]So we're flipping through netflix. did you guys know they have a Titanic II movie? I almost want to watch it to see how awful it is.
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]
    Haha I saw that. It can't be as bad as MegaShark vs Crocosaurus though....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards