Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Honeymoons

Hey ladies! Where are you going for your honeymoons? We're having a heck of a time figuring out where to go. We're getting married in December, which cuts out a lot of options (seeing as we want to go somewhere tropical!). Preferably an all-inclusive. Any recommendations? Or, just gush about your honeymoon a little, since it's one of the funnest (yeah, I said it) parts of the wedding!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Honeymoons

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to the Sandals resort in Ochos Rios, Jamaica! Its all inclusive and we get a semi private pool (shared by 3 other couples) and a private butler! It wasn't too bad in price, but then again we were kinda splurging since we've never been on a vacation by ourselves and its our honeymoon....Wink
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    kt&pkt&p member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey! We are going to London for 8 days! I'm so excited :)   You could check out Hawaii, which is 80 degrees year round.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Portugal for a week and then Spain for a week-- beaches only!!
  • Options
    BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh, those sound great! kt&p, the man suggested London the other day, and I told him to stop teasing me.... I want to go so badly, and it's just not feasible right now! We're hoping to manage that for an anniversary trip. We are also thinking about Sandals, maybe in the Bahamas. They have a great sale going on right now, so I'm sort of pushing that one. I love that they have the private pools, and Tom's excited (and a little weirded out!) about butler service. You'll have to let me know how it is, Chefysgirl (ok, i'm gonna have to just start calling you CG), since you're wedding is SO SOON! Anne, do you or your man speak Spanish or Portuguese? That'll be amazing. I never thought of that for somewhere with beaches. Of course, you'll be there at a perfect time for weather, much better than December! Of to Sandals website, feeling inspired!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I aren't really into the tropical things for extended time periods so we're doing a week in Vegas this June.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    PurdueMelissaPurdueMelissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Originally we'd planned to go on an Alaskan cruise with the train excursions.  Unfortunately it was going to cost about 5K total and we just can't swing that with the wedding too.  SO we're hoping to go there for the 5 year anniversary.  Now the plan is an 8 day western caribbean cruise that stops in four delectable locations.  :)
  • Options
    Danigirl259Danigirl259 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were going to go on a cruise but then the travel agent told us that march is not an ideal time for them (springbreakers). We looked into Sandels and beaches but with a 4 year old we just cant spend that much money. We found applevacations.com and got and amazing price on an all inclusive resort in cancun. It is adult only and NO springbreakers allowed.
  • Options
    BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, wow, DaniGirl, that sounds great. I'm really leaning towards all-inclusive. I'll have to check out that one too. Melissa, we just got back from a cruise, soooo fun. Where will you be stopping? 
  • Options
    Almost MrsKAlmost MrsK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going on a 7 day cruise in a balcony stateroom. We love cruising but usually go for the cheapest inside cabin so it will be a little different. I am really excited!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeh we are excited. We got a suite for 6 days for like $2000. FI is so excited because it has a liquor dispensor in the room. LOL
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeh that price includes the plane tickets
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI was ALL about the butler service ::sigh::: but I think it will be neat since they will bring you food from the restaurants for free! I will definitely let you know how it goes! I have heard really good things about the Sandals resorts so, we're excited....
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL! Dani, that's an amazing price. And, gotta be honest, I'm with your man on this one, I'd be all over a liquor dispenser in my room . Reminds me of an excellent trip to Cancun I had in '07. ;) Keep me posted. CG, just for one opportunity to be a snob with a butler... hey, let's go with the theory that we're good for the local economy...... or something? Think of it in terms of we will be taking care of these guys for the rest of our lives, so someone may as well take care of us for a week. I can't wait. I'm so jealous that you both get to do this so soon! I have to wait til DEC. So excited to hear about how awesome this is for you all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Playa del Carmen in Mexico.  It's just an hour south of Cancun.  We went last December for my birthday, and that is where we got engaged.  Most romantic trip of my life!  There are all inclusive packages starting around $400 per person, which includes airfare, hotel, and all your meals and drinks.  We paid about $550 per person and stayed in a jacuzzi suite at the adults only hotel The Royal.  It was on one of the best parts of the beach, but also walking distance to shops, restaurants, etc.  Let me know if you need more info! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    By the way...the temps in Playa del Carmen in December are highs in mid-80's and lows in mid-60's, but I swear it was in the 70's every night we were there.  And almost no rain.  We've vowed to go back every year for my birthday since it's so cold here in Atlanta during that time!  Check out Expedia for great rates...
  • Options
    BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mgdb, That's amazing! I hadn't considered Mexico, only because I've been there a few times, and I was aiming to make this an excuse to go somewhere I've never been. But that is a really great deal, and I've never been to Playa del Carmen, so it's still like a whole new vacation! Thanks so much for the hint! 
  • Options
    BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Figures! The Royal is booked during our HM! Anyone know of another good Playa del Carmen all-inclusive?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If the Royal is booked, I would try Secrets Capri or Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda.  Secrets is also adults only.  We haven't stayed there, but our shuttle dropped off some other people there, and it looked gorgeous.  They only problem is you aren't walking distance to anything else, but the resort probably has so much to do you wouldn't need to leave!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards