Canada
Options

A question about hair and make-up

Hey,

I have a dilemma. I want to look nice on my wedding but I am not a high maintenance girl. I almost never wear make-up and my hair is on the short side. I do want to look nice though. Is it a bad idea to wear no make-up or to do it myself. 

Can anyone recommend a good place to get hair and make-up done. Thanks.   

Re: A question about hair and make-up

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pictures will look better if you have a bit of polish.  Any uneven skin and circles under eyes can be avoided with just a bit of makeup - you could always ask a friend to do your hair and makeup if you trust them, or if you decide to go the professional route, just let them know that you want it to be subtle.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose to do my own makeup, but I'm very comfortable doing my own.

If you don't normally wear makeup, even a little bit can go a long way to give you that extra polish you want on your wedding day. You'll also photograph much better with a bit of makeup; remember, you'll have the photos forever.

It would definitely be worth it to go to a makeup counter and ask for some help and advice. You may find it's not as hard as you thought! I learned a lot of my favourite application techniques from the ladies at the MAC counter.

I got my hair done by Czarina from Project Pose - she was great! She travelled to me, was very punctual, professional, and well priced. She also has a partner who does makeup.

As Littlin mentioned, be sure to explain to any makeup artist that you don't normally wear a lot and just want it to be light and natural.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a big believer in wearing make-up for photographs. The best artists will still keep you looking you without caking on the layers.
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make up should be used to enhance your features - you want to see yourself, not the make up!  A good make up artist will know how to do that.  If you're worried that you'll look overdone, make sure to book a trial in advance, but keep in mind that make up doesn't show up as much in pictures.  It might take some adjusting to.

I've had my make up done at both MAC and Clinique counters in malls.  I found the Clinique look to be more natural, but I imagine that it really depends on who does your make up.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm the same I'm not a big make up wearer. However there is make up out there that makes you feel like you aren't wearing any. I think checking out maybe some shops that have the free makeovers to do some experimenting and do it yourself.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards