Pre-wedding Parties
Options

rehearsal dinner attire

What's appropriate as the bride?I found this fab little bandage style asymmetrical dress in black adn purple (my fave colors but not my wedding colors).  but the assymetry mirrors my wedding dress? I like it, but its figure hugging and not super short but definately not knee length...can the bride be sexy at the rehearsal?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: rehearsal dinner attire

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's about the atmosphere of the evening.  Where is the dinner being held?

Our RD was at a nice restaurant near DH's hometown.  A dress like that would not have been appropriate.  However if you're having your RD at a place where that attire is acceptable then it would be appropriate to wear it.

Also, if you're getting married in a church, I'd say no to a sexy dress for the RD.  You also need to dress appropriately if the rehearsal involves a house of worship.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like Banana pointed out it depends on where you're holding the RD. If you're going to be rehearsing in a church and then going to a swanky restaurant, I'd try to dress a little more modest and formal. If you're rehearsing outside somewhere or at the venue then I think your dress sounds great.

I wore a strapless above the knee dress to our RD. But ours was in my aunt's backyard and then we had a Caribbean themed dinner afterwards so it was more on the lines of casual. All the girls were in sundresses and the guys were in shorts and collared shirts. Pics in my married bio under the Rehearsal Dinner tab.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No church involved...sorry I guess I treated that as a given...we are having the dinner at a local mexican restaurant nothing too fancy..i planned on a cardigan or trench coat as well...I don't have a picture handy...its form fitting but not skin tight and a few inches above the knee
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I may wear jeans.  The wedding is at a non-denominational chapel and the RD is at an Irish Pub and I usually wear jeans when we eat there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are not getting married in a place of worship, then the dress is probably ok, but it is hard to tell without seeing it.

Our RD was in a nice historic restaurant and I wore a long maxi type dress to it as we had the church rehearsal prior to dinner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im wearing a nice skirt and a top
  • Options
    Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    to laurenb - I think your dress looks nice; perfectly appropriate from my standpoint.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards