Snarky Brides
Options

Let's do a Poll.

This place is dead today.  Where is everyone?

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Would you change your name if you could?  If so, what would you change it to?

Tell me about your first (real) kiss.

If your house was on fire, what one posession would you take out (assuming all living beings are safe)?

Which side of the bed do you sleep on?

Is there a certain cosmetic you use that you would stock a lifetime supply of if you heard they were discontinuing?

Do you speak any other languages? If so which ones?

Tell us a random fact about yourself.

Re: Let's do a Poll.

• Options
    probably sick of dealing with TK's bullshit.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? no clue- some kind of hotdish.

Would you change your name if you could?  If so, what would you change it to? nope

Tell me about your first (real) kiss. It was awkward; I was 15. We were watching a movie and it was totally unexpected (not in a good way.)

If your house was on fire, what one posession would you take out (assuming all living beings are safe)? external harddrive.

Which side of the bed do you sleep on? looking at the headboard, the left

Is there a certain cosmetic you use that you would stock a lifetime supply of if you heard they were discontinuing? Burt's Bees lip balm

Do you speak any other languages? If so which ones? Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch.

I suck at this question.
  • Options
    woah. way to extra bold my answers, tk.
  • Options
    Cheese Fondue

I love the name Isabel but it doesn't suit me, so maybe Emma.  But after changing my last name, I have no desire to change my first so no, I wouldn't change it. 

6th grade, playground, incredibly slobbery, a wonder I ever kissed again.  Guy is now suspected of arson. 

If your house was on fire, what one posession would you take out (assuming all living beings are safe)?
    External hard drive.

Left.

Is there a certain cosmetic you use that you would stock a lifetime supply of if you heard they were discontinuing?
    I'm such a product hoar that I find a new favorite something every other week so nothing really.

I speak a little Spanish still, but only enough to order food, alcohol and tell someone to bug off. 

I used to use my lips flattened against my nostrils to plug my nose when jumping in water and it's still a reflex if I jump/fall off something, even if it's not into water. 
  • Options

Wine and cheese

Nope

His name was Nick. I was 13, he was 14.  I was on the B team for basketball and we were at one of the elementary schools one evening for a game.  While the A team played, he, a friend of his, and I were on the playground hanging out. It was just us. I had a huge crush on Nick so his friend dared us to kiss.

My mac.  Everything is in it.

The lefthand side as you're looking at it

Mary Kay balancing moisturizer (which actually is being discontinued so I have to order a bunch)

French

I can't roll my tongue
  • Options
    Assuming it would have no effect on my weight, buffalo chicken with blue cheese dressing.
    I'm happy with my name.  I didn't like my middle name when I was little, but it doesn't bother me now.
    It was awful.  Just plain bad.
    My vintage couch.  Assuming I have H there to help me and it's a very slow fire, of course.
    Right side, by the wall.  If we're staying somewhere away from home and the left side is by the wall I'll sleep on that side.
    Raspberry lemonade chapstick
    Does pig latin count?  No?  Then no.
    I can never just take the first vegetable I pick up when grocery shopping.  I might go back to that first one, but I have to inspect at least two or three others before I go back to the first one.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Pita Pitza's and salad.

I'll only change my last name when I get married.

It was a dare, and it was awkward.

Wedding dress right now. 

If standing at the foot of the bed facing it, I sleep on the right.

Chapstick.

I say a few things in Spanish and German. FI is fluent in German.

I have a nervous habit of biting my lip.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Potato surprise - potatoes, onions and kielbasa.  It's like a one skillet meal, and my comfort food.

Nah.  I'm pretty attached to my first name.

It was freshman year of high school.  We were on the way back from a Model UN conference at a neighboring school.  I was sitting with my crush, and the bus was dark, and we started making out. 

The first edition set of Goethe poems I have.

Left

Nope.  I'm pretty easygoing as far as that stuff.

I speak fluent German.  I can BS my way through some French.

I have a minor obsession with sharks and office supplies.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? cauliflower

Would you change your name if you could?  If so, what would you change it to? Anastasia Beaverhausen

Tell me about your first (real) kiss. 6th grade on a field trip. It wasn't horrible, but I re-checked him in later years and it got much better ;)

If your house was on fire, what one posession would you take out (assuming all living beings are safe)? my blankie

Which side of the bed do you sleep on? the left

Is there a certain cosmetic you use that you would stock a lifetime supply of if you heard they were discontinuing? Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

Do you speak any other languages? If so which ones? nope

Tell us a random fact about yourself. I don't fart. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-do-a-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aeed7972-a9e1-4a76-8593-2771171ecdbfPost:6387a36f-b5a8-429d-b1be-ec856855e4bf">Re: Let's do a Poll.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Would you change your name if you could?  If so, what would you change it to? Nah.  <strong>I'm pretty attached to my first name</strong>.Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

As you should be because it's awesome.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Sushi & martinis

Nope.

Tell me about your first (real) kiss. Oh, my.. um it was Junior High and I knew it had to get better

If your house was on fire, what one posession would you take out (assuming all living beings are safe)? A file with my legal papers, etc. and my stuffed bunny

Which side of the bed do you sleep on? Left. I am a stomach sleeper, one arm under the pillow.

Is there a certain cosmetic you use that you would stock a lifetime supply of if you heard they were discontinuing? My Darphin skin care.

Do you speak any other languages? If so which ones? Some Spanish

• Options

My mom's cheese ravioli

Eh no, I'm kinda over names.

It was horendous. 10th grade. My friend, boyfriend and I were driving home from school and my friend who was driving stopped into the bank. Well boyfriend (newly "official") literally jumped into the backseat and shoved his tongue down my throat. It was horrible. Kissing didn't ever get better with him and as a result I hated kissing for a long time.

Our stuffed animal "babies". Our bear Keeshawn and my Kitty, who is a Pound Purrie from like 1983.

If you are laying in the bed, it's the left.

No. I barely ever wear makeup.

Un pocito de espanol ahora.

FI and I are currently the beer pong champions of the island community where my cottage is at. We won a big tournament last year.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Spaghetti.

Nope.  I like my name.  And changing it is confusing to me (just changing my last name confuses me sometimes)

I was dared to kiss this boy at a party when I was 14 and he became my first boyfriend for all of about 4 weeks, when he decided devil worship was more important.  Ironically, he's a born again Christian now from what I hear.

It would have to be the laptop.

Left.

It would have to be the Bliss triple oxygen + vitamin C moisturizer.

I can speak like, 10 words of Spanish.

DH and I are going to apply for our concealed weapons permits on Tuesday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Love that you re-checked Dmill! 

Matty, is it sushi & martinis together? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-do-a-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aeed7972-a9e1-4a76-8593-2771171ecdbfPost:d0e1d3b8-af2d-4661-9472-49052351adde">Re: Let's do a Poll.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love that you re-checked Dmill!  Matty, <strong>is it sushi & martinis togethe</strong>r? 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Gotta have something to wash it down :)
  • Options
    Acaponi-  your text colors together make me think of mint chocolate chip ice cream.  Now I want that AND chinese food.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-do-a-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aeed7972-a9e1-4a76-8593-2771171ecdbfPost:d6d88b07-518f-46c5-949c-763fa751883c">Re: Let's do a Poll.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Acaponi-  your text colors together make me think of mint chocolate chip ice cream.  Now I want that AND chinese food.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]
    DUDE, I hate you right now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dmill and Brandi you BOTH suck. I would have never noticed that and I don't have any time for ice cream in the next 5 days.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    f you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Gumbo and/or crawfish.  Or king crab

Would you change your name if you c
    ould?  If so, what would you change it to?

Probably not

My high school best friend and I were hanging out at his house and he just leaned over and kissed me.  We both liked each other...a lot... and he was the first one to make a move.  I was 15 at the time.  That kiss started what would become some straight-out-of-a-bad-romantic-comedy drama (or so it seemed for me) for the next nine years.

That's a tough one...probably my phone.  

Side closest to the wall

The Herbal Essences shampoo that I currently use.  Right now I can only find it at Target.

My college friends and I have a language that we use among ourselves, does that count?  I know a few words in Spanish and I know very limited ASL.

I am the only granddaughter for both sets of my grandparents.  And I am double jointed in my fingers.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    Here Dmill & Al Capone - an appetite suppressant for you:

• Options

I'm quite thankful there's a blizzard waiting for me at home in the freezer.  Because I definitely am not having Chinese food anytime soon.

I french with my man
  • Options
    Whatever, Girlie, that's one tasty piece right there.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-do-a-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aeed7972-a9e1-4a76-8593-2771171ecdbfPost:0cd2cb26-cff8-4611-a4a2-8519c3a27ebd">Re: Let's do a Poll.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here Dmill & Al Capone - an appetite suppressant for you:
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]
    psssh I'd hit it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Alrighty then, some women have a thing for men in jorts, some for men in manotards.  The more  you know.  :)

• Options
    I love Chinese food, but I have an sensitivity to MSG, which a lot of the places around my area use.  It's not a wicked bad allergy or anything, I just get really bad stomach cramps.  So I have to be really careful at what places I eat at and make sure that they don't use MSG in their foods.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    OMG wtf is that? A unitard with long flared sleeves? Reminds me of David Bowie in the Labyrinth.

Thanks Girlie. I needed that.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I'll play!

My 11th grade boyfriend, Dan.  It was a total suprise, then we made out in my car for an hour

My wallet/bag, and maybe grab some jewelry.

The left (i.e. the outside)

Oil of Olay face lotion.  My mom has used it for years and tans all summer, but still looks way younger than her years.

Enough french to be decent if dropped in the middle of France.

I play with my hair ALL the time.  It would be a nervous habit if I was only doing it while nervous, but really its just a habit.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-do-a-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aeed7972-a9e1-4a76-8593-2771171ecdbfPost:09ced752-c392-46b2-b161-767739535553">Re: Let's do a Poll.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's do a Poll. : psssh I'd hit it
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

If he's got a manotard, he probably just came from ballet class.  Which means he's probably super strong and flexible.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    manotard makes me laugh. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Google maps now tells you how long it will take you to get to a location "in current traffic". That's kinda awesome. Sorry for the random factoid in there.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Macaroni and cheese or spinanch artichoke dip

Nope, I love my name. If I had to change it to anything, it would be Julie because that was my name in French class.

I was a freshman in college dating a senior in high school. Yeah, I was cool. We were at an outdoorsman club both of our fathers belonged to sitting on a picnic table bench. He leaned over to kiss me and the added weight to that side of the table almost made him fall over.

My scrapbooks

Well at the moment I sleep in the middle of a twin but FI has already claimed the right side of the bed. So that means I get the left. :)

Mascara

I speak a little French

I have a nervous twitch of twirling this little piece of my bangs closest to my part.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards