New York-Long Island

suffolk county restaurant with water views?

my very good friend is getting married-2nd marriage, small reception, about 50 people.  she is looking for a place in suffolk county on the water with a private room for her wedding reception.

she is also considering catering hall venues, but is afraid that 50 guests won't be enough for the minimum.  she is looking at old field club, and a couple of places in montauk.

has anyone had an engagement party or shower somewhere that would be appropriate?  thanks in advance :)

Re: suffolk county restaurant with water views?

• edited December 2011
    Try Riverview (might be called the View now) it's on the Southshore around Islip. Or Lighthouse Restaurant in Lindenhurst at the very south end of Wellwood Avenue.
  • edited December 2011
    The Venetian Yacht Club has a side room that would work, but I don't know if they'll do a non-traditional affair (5 hr wedding w/cocktail hour).  However, we got married there this summer and their service was FANTASTIC.  Worth a phone call, IMO!
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Lake House in Bay Shore?
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    prime in huntington is right on the water and is excellent as is tutto pazzo across the street.
    there's a restaurant in bayville too (i can't recall the name) right on the water.

• edited December 2011
    Soundview in Southold
  • edited December 2011
    I just looked at old field last weekend and on Friday nights there is a minium of 100 people. 
    Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards