Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement photos

I just got engaged two weeks ago and super excited!!!!! We have picked a date... June 14th 2014... (wanted time to save and plan) well I was thinking about doing engagment photos this summer but then I had a few people say wait and do them closer to the date... When is the right time?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement photos

• Options
    Before you book an engagement portrait session, figure out who your wedding photographer will be. Many include engagement pictures as part of their wedding packages, so if you booked engagement pics now and then used a different photographer for your wedding, you may be overspending.

Other than that bit of advice, any time is fine! We got engaged last December, had our engagement session in July, and our wedding is June 2012. I don't think there is a real timeline. 

Personally, I think they ought to be closer to the engagement rather than closer to the wedding. 
  • Options
    Thanks... Thats what I was thinking also but others were telling me to wait so I was kinda confused... I figured if I waited then I'll be stressed with all the planning and wont have as much fun and I'd like to have have fun while doing this.... I have someone in mind... well really two people that have been recommened ut I need to look more into their wedding photos and prices before making a chioce but I will be sure to ask if engagment photos are included... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think there is a specific timeline. You can have your e-pics taken anytime between the engagement and your wedding. 

FI and I have been engaged since 7/24/10 and are getting married 5/5/12 and we still haven't had our e-pics done yet. Hopefully we will get around to it in the next couple months :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I dont think there is a timeline. However, you should know where you want to get them done. For instance, I wanted to do my photos outside and I do not like the cold. I live in Maryland so October is normally cold at the end of the month. We took ours like the middle of October. I thought that if I would have waited, I would be stress during 2012 too close to the wedding. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Like PP said, I'd just wait til you book a photog because they might be included in the price.  Then, pick time of year and go from there.
  • Options
    We're having a two year engagement. We've been engaged since June 2010. We did e pics 13 months after our engagement. FI was deployed the first year but we probably still would've waited. 
  • Options
    it also depends on when you want/need them back to do things with them....like your save the dates or anything else you want to use the pictures for(we are using ours as part of our centerpieces)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards