Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding dress dilemma

I am getting married on August 17th.  We have been engaged for 10 years and the last time we planned a wedding, we just didnt have the funds to go through with it! I had bought a dress at the time that is the traditional wedding dress but I am a bit (ok a lot) heavier now than I was then...... I am hoping it still fits, or that it can be let out just a bit for not a lot of money! If the cost for that is too much however, I am unsure if I should get a dress that is white, or if it can be a nontraditional type of dress.  I tired on a dress a few weeks ago that was a purple dress with a nice pattern on it that my FH loved.  But I have people telling me that i have to have a wedding dress! I dont have very much money to spend on one and my wedding is nontraditional to begin with! Input anyone?

Re: Wedding dress dilemma

• Options
    A wedding dress simply means a dress that you wear on your wedding day. If you like the purple one, then get it! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    It's your wedding -- wear what you want and what you feel beautiful in!
  • Options
    You rock on with that purple dress!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I'm going to have a gray wedding dress. I'll be 28 when I get married. My fiancé will be 34. We'll have been together almost 7 years. White just doesn't feel right for me. I say if you love the purple dress and it makes you feel beautiful, go for it! I've seen beautiful weddings where the bride had pink or red dresses...why not purple?
  • Options
    Your wedding day is a long time coming and you should do exactly what YOU and your fiance want. If that means you rock a purple dress, go for it! You should wear what YOU feel comfortable and beautiful in. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Another vote to wear whatever you want. Although, a wedding is pretty much the only time you'll have a chance to wear a big white dress with a train. I didn't think I wanted that until I started trying them on. I thought I wanted a blue gown, but when I tried on "wedding" gowns, they just felt more "bridal" to me.
  • Options
    My cousin actually wore a purple dress for her wedding. She looked like a bride because well, she WAS the bride. She's been married for three years now and actually rewears her dress for all her anniversary dates. I think it is totally a-okay. Just get what you love!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards