Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Waxing Questions???

So, I've been reading online and wanted to get some more opinions on getting a Brazillian wax before I get married.
My wedding is in May and I'm thinking about going to get a "trial" wax soon so I can see how I do. Do you think it is worth it to pay extra for a trial or should I just go for it a few days before the wedding.
I already know the place I'll go to because a friend went there for hers and said it was really good and hygenic I'm just not sure timing wise.
Have any of you gotten one before or have any tips?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Waxing Questions???

• Options
    Honestly with 6 weeks until your wedding you should have gone like yesterday.  You should not get waxed for the first time right before your wedding.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ditto hoboken.

You definitely need to have a trial done, but with this amount of time, it's possible that you'll be at a weird stage right before your wedding to get waxed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options

i get brazillians regularly, and i dont know why you would need a trial waxing...do it 3 or 4 days before your wedding, if you do it the day before you will look like a plucked chicken, it takes a day or two for the soreness to go away

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_waxing-questions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:60da6962-e697-4d72-96e0-7ae5a3a70d14Post:eb5bae1f-15a6-4766-a35c-fac6aab097ca">Re: Waxing Questions???</a>:
    [QUOTE]i get brazillians regularly, and i dont know why you would need a trial waxing...do it 3 or 4 days before your wedding, if you do it the day before you will look like a plucked chicken, it takes a day or two for the soreness to go away
    Posted by ettie404[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto Ettie.  I've never gotten a Brazilian, although I've gotten a couple Bikinis.  I have a friend who got one a couple days before for the first time with no problems.  Go three or four days before and you should be fine.</div>
  • Options
    I would recommend going at about 4 weeks out, and then right before the wedding.  My wedding is in June and I started in December so that I'd be used to by the week of the wedding.   My first time was not great... very sore, red, and broken out for a few days.  But, since then, only slight redness for a day or so.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards