Texas-Houston
Options

Intimate and affordable..need ideas for court wedding

I am planning to get married in October but not doing anything big.  Planning on a court wedding and then dinner but it seems all these venues are geared towards big parties when I'm having only about 30 people.  Any ideas of nice courts here in Houston for the sake of pictures? Also any suggestions on restaurants for dinner would be welcomed.  I would like to have music so my guest are not bored during dinner but it seems there is no such place that will have what I want. 

I want small and iintimate but fun :)

Re: Intimate and affordable..need ideas for court wedding

• Options
    M0ESM0ES member
    First Comment
    I am planning to get married in October but not doing anything big.  Planning on a court wedding and then dinner but it seems all these venues are geared towards big parties when I'm having only about 30 people.  Any ideas of nice courts here in Houston for the sake of pictures? Also any suggestions on restaurants for dinner would be welcomed.  I would like to have music so my guest are not bored during dinner but it seems there is no such place that will have what I want. 

I want small and iintimate but fun :)
  • Options
    M0ESM0ES member
    First Comment
    The overall budge its 4500 but i plan on spending on a couple of hundred on the court and about 2000 on the venue/food.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_intimate-and-affordableneed-ideas-for-court-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:e7cd44b6-58d9-40c0-af34-0066e92352c6Post:0206c49f-2896-4fdf-b501-17da0e66e96c">Re:Intimate and affordable..need ideas for court wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is the budget? That may help to narrow it down.
    Posted by kbaltazar13[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Not sure the price. This is in League City. With a garden outdoor and the education center for indoors you would be covered if there is bad weather. I am sure you would have to get your own caterer. The museum is a house with large grass expanse surrounding it plus the garden. It is on a creek. My neighbors had professional family pictures taken there.

http://butlerlonghornmuseum.com/events/index.html
  • Options
    I immediately thought of Ousie's Table and the Rainbow Lodge as restaurants that you could get an intimate feeling from.
  • Options
    Ousie's Table is so fab for intimate gatherings. I went to my husbands co-workers wedding there for 40 guests and it was wonderful. Great food and atmosphere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards