Illinois-Chicago
Options

Affordable and Unique Chicago Venues

Hi!
I just got engaged 3.5 weeks ago and I am beginning the hunt for some really unique and affordable wedding venues in the Chicago-proper and surrounding Chicagoland areas. We are both creative people and are looking for something unique that can give our wedding more of a personal touch than a standard hotel/banquet hall.  I don't mind if we would have to spend time decorating the venue, so a blank canvas space is fine with me, too. Ideally we would like to spend no more than $1,000, but I know that's hard in Chicago.
Our guest list will likely not exceed 175 people. So we don't need anything huge that would swallow up our somewhat smaller crowd. I have been trolling the internet for a week or so now, and I feel like I need some new ideas to refresh my search. Any thoughts!?!?!

Thanks!
~Sara

Re: Affordable and Unique Chicago Venues

• Options
    so are you looking to spend no more than $1000 on the rental fee, is that correct?  Someone showed me Mars Gallery online yesterday and it looked cool! Here's a link that describes some other cool places (don't know the rental fees though):  http://www.chicagonow.com/wedding-scoop/2011/10/top-5-hottest-unique-chicago-weddingreception-venues-for-2012/#image/1
  • Options
    When is your date? Because that would depend on the rental fees. I have changed my date three times to get the best rate. Jan-March is the cheaper time as well as Friday and Sunday. Check out Prairie Production which is nice and gives a great discount if you have it during the months of Jan-Mar.
  • Options
    Thanks for these ideas! I put an inquiry into the Architecture Artifacts center. It's beautiful, but looks a little outside of our budget, still worth a shot!

The projected date is September of 2014.

• Options
    aekcaekc member
    First Comment
    I recommend you try some of the women's clubs nearby (e.g. Highland Park).  There's also the 19th Century Club in Oak Park -- very affordable.
  • Options
    aekcaekc member
    First Comment
    And if that doesn't work out, I recommend buying out a restaurant for your group!  That way you can avoid paying a venue fee altogether.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards