Outdoor Weddings
Options

runner suggestions?

Our outdoor ceremony is on the grass, and I want a runner to protect my dress... but I'm worried about people in heels poking through it before I walk down the aisle... plus I have (short) heels too...
I don't have a wedding party, just my dad walking me down so there's no way to lay it out at the start of the ceremony - it would have to be down for the whole time... at least 1/2 hour of schmoozing before the ceremony.
Doea anyone know of a sturdy (cheap!) runner I could use? Have you used one?
Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Re: runner suggestions?

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    In Response to runner suggestions?:
    [QUOTE]Our outdoor ceremony is on the grass, and I want a runner to protect my dress... but I'm worried about people in heels poking through it before I walk down the aisle... plus I have (short) heels too... I don't have a wedding party, just my dad walking me down so there's no way to lay it out at the start of the ceremony - it would have to be down for the whole time... at least 1/2 hour of schmoozing before the ceremony. Doea anyone know of a sturdy (cheap!) runner I could use? Have you used one? Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Posted by mlipkin[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that you won't be walking all over a runner the entire night, so the bottom of your dress is going to get a little dirty, no matter what you do, but we are talking like minimal amounts here. Not even noticeable. Its not as if there will be grass stains all over the bottom of your dress bc as you are walking around, you will find yourself pulling it up as you walk. When it's bustled, it won't be much of a factor either and by the end of the night, the bottom of your dress will be the last thing on your mind, I don't really see how to avoid getting heel marks or worse, popping a hole in the runner with a heel, so you may want to re-consider that....unless someone else has a solution to offer? You can still create the feel of a runner with flower petals or something.

• Options
    I bought a rubber backed carpet runner. It was great and I was wearing 5 inch stilettos. But it was NOT cheap. Any traditional fabric or plastic runner is a major tripping hazard.
  • Options
    I wouldn't bother with a runner.  But I bet carpet under the runner would work.
  • Options
    We're also having our wedding outdoors and I'm probably just going to use flower petals along the side of the isle..I REALLY don't want to trip!! I also purchased the solemates to put on my heels so I don't stick in the grass!
  • Options
    thanks all!

i think i'll just go without... seems like if i do anything there's a risk of tripping. and if i'll trip, then my mom will definately trip and the rest of the elderly guests will probably bite it too... disaster!

ciao!
  • Options

If you're worried about tripping, then either go with a quality heavy runner or none at all. The flower petals also work!

If you really want a runner and are just worried about the guests messing it up you could roll it out pre-ceremony, and then use a length of tulle (or fabric of choice) to drape across the entryway, guests will understand that means keep off!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards