Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor wedding, advice!

Hello all! 

I'm trying to convince my fiance to get married at a pond that his family owns in Loudonville, OH, in the park. He's having some very legit worries, I wondered if anyone had any experience solving these problems. 

1. Electricity - is it possible to rent a generator? 
2. Bathrooms - I've seen nice rental bathrooms, just wondered if anyone had used them in the past, or had any comments or reviews for vendors. 
3. Parking - the plot is 90 acres, however most of it is wooded and not really good for parking. I am hoping to combine this worry with...
4. Driving, and drinking, late at night, in the dark, in the middle of nowhere - Has anyone had experience renting a car service for pick up and delivery of guests to a rustic/out of the way location? I don't mean renting it from the hotels themselves, I mean independently. 

Thank you in advance for the thoughts/ideas! 

Re: Outdoor wedding, advice!

• Options
    1. Yes but they're loud.. If there's a building nearby with electricity you can run some outlets to your wedding location (electrician help would be needed)
    2. Use port a potties or trailers.. Expect to pay $75-$200 per port a potty and anywhere from $450-$1,000 per bathroom in a portable trailer and have 25 guests per toilet.
    3. Find a good spot to park cars that isn't too wooded, hilly, marshy ect.
    4. You can hire a taxi company or if you book a hotel block for guests they sometimes offer this service free of charge.

Hope this helped:)
  • Options
    That does help, I had no idea that generators were really loud. We're on a huge plot (about 90 acres) of land, so there's really nothing nearby, but that also means that if possible, the generator could be placed farther away from the actual event. That's definitely an addition to the plan! Thanks!
  • Options
    The music should tune out the generator sounds:) and you can def move it far enough away so it can't be heard! 90 acres is huge! You're going to have a beautiful wedding!
  • Options
    1. Electricity - is it possible to rent a generator? Yes, but they can be very loud
    2. Bathrooms - I've seen nice rental bathrooms, just wondered if anyone had used them in the past, or had any comments or reviews for vendors. If you rent bathrooms, if you don't go luxury trailers, at least get handicap as they are larger and easier to move around in
    3. Parking - the plot is 90 acres, however most of it is wooded and not really good for parking. I am hoping to combine this worry with...Is there a local business that isn't open on the weekends that would allow your guests to park there & you can run a shuttle to & from that lot?
    4. Driving, and drinking, late at night, in the dark, in the middle of nowhere - Has anyone
     had experience renting a car service for pick up and delivery of guests to a rustic/out of the way location? I don't mean renting it from the hotels themselves, I mean independently. 
    Also please consider distance of ceremony/reception location from where people would be let off. If it's still a walk, how will you deal with any guests that use walkers/canes/wheelchairs or can't walk far distances? Also could that present an issue for vendors like chair/tent etc in how they get the items to the final location
  • Options
    As far as deluxe potties go, I was just reading about that here: http://weddings.gatheringguide.com/ac/how-to-choose-a-party-rentals-tents-vendor/whats-the-big-stink-about-porta-potties. I think the cost depends on where you live. They're a little pricey for me so we'll probably stick with regular ones, but if a relative comes through with a nice gift that's really the only "deluxe" thing we still need and don't have. :)
  • Options
    That's really interesting! Yea, there are some who will love it and some who will hate it, but ultimately we (the couple) think it'll be the perfect spot to bring our families together. Logistics suck but that's with anything ;) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards