Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

wedding ceremony site in Green Bay, WI

Re: wedding ceremony site in Green Bay, WI

• Options
    Post this on the Wisconsin board.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Options
    In addition to putting this on the Wisconsin board, if you want your marriage to be recognized by the Catholic faith, you need to have your wedding in a Catholic church. Otherwise, you will have a non-sacramental marriage. 
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    Have you tried looking HERE

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lennonkdc said:
    Have you tried looking HERE
    So much WIN!
  • Options
    ivyrose13 said:
    In addition to putting this on the Wisconsin board, if you want your marriage to be recognized by the Catholic faith, you need to have your wedding in a Catholic church. Otherwise, you will have a non-sacramental marriage. 

This!  Have you talked to your church?  There is alot that goes into a Catholic wedding.  If your FI was never baptised you need a special permission to marry (just extra paperwork).  There are classes and counciling and such you will need to go through for a Catholic wedding.  Marry outside the church can cause problem in the future if you wish to continue your faith.  I know of Archdioceses refusing to baptise children because their parents' marriage wasn't recognized by the church.

On the note of Green Bay.... Please don't schedule the wedding during a potential Packer game.  I've got one coming up in October and there are all sorts of headaches amongst guests because the Bride did not get hotel information out before the Packer schedule :(

• Options
    I was going to say Lambeau Field, but then I saw not for hundreds. I agree that if you want to be acknowledged by the Catholic church he's going to have to become Catholic. My fiance's brother did for his wife. If you're not big into your faith you might try a Methodist church. I'm Methodist and I know people of mixed faiths have been married in my church and you can still have communion if it's important to you but there's still a lot of differences between the Catholic and Methodist weddings.
  • Options
    Check in with the Catholic board, but I don't think that both people getting married in the Catholic church have to be Catholic. That is, your FI doesn't have to convert for you if you want to get married in the Catholic church; if you don't get married in the Catholic church, your marriage will not be recognized as sacramental by them.
  • Options
    Your FI does not need to convert to Catholicism in order to have a Catholic wedding, he simply needs to indicate that he is marrying you out of his own free will and agrees to raise your children Catholic. You will also likely have a ceremony that does not include communion. 
    The truth behind a well laced dress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards