Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I can't even...

Re: I can't even...

• Options
    allispain said:

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link. Is it against TOS?
    According to the site, it's the owner's grandchildren and you can look at pictures in their photography section on the site.

PM? :)

You've got mail!

Anyone else? Let me know!

@Simply Fated - me! me!

Also, ditto on the being available for rent as a wedding guests. I'm very well-behaved, can hold pleasant conversations with strangers, and am always willing to help keep the dance floor going. Fees totally reasonable :-)

PM sent!
  • Options
    @Simply Fated

PM me the link?
  • Options
    Thanks for sending that!

A new question, based on their list of wedding services: what exactly is a "bridal doll"??
  • Options
    I would LOVE to hire myself out as a wedding guest! Sign me up!

The kids thing, though, is just... creepy.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @GlassButton - Sent!

@allispain - I'm guessing the cake toppers, but then why would they be called dolls... I have no idea what a bridal doll is and I'm scared that I'm going to find out this weekend.
  • Options
    @Simply Fated

If they're going to offer such a service then they should have more variety.

What if the bride and groom and don't like their grandchildren?
  • Options
    @Simply Fated If they're going to offer such a service then they should have more variety. What if the bride and groom and don't like their grandchildren?
    This is true - also, what are they going to do when their grandkids age out of the typical flower girl and ring bearer age bracket?

@GlassButton - Sent!

@allispain - I'm guessing the cake toppers, but then why would they be called dolls... I have no idea what a bridal doll is and I'm scared that I'm going to find out this weekend.
    If you find out, please let us know. Cake toppers would make sense, I guess, but the word "doll" just struck me as so immensely odd...
  • Options
    My theory is, that couple in the wedding pictures, they'll be having babies soon, if they didn't already. So the place will be able to replenish their supplies soon!

I guess if you don't like the flower girl and ring bearers they have to offer, the owners of that place can always poach some newbies from the flower girl's kindergarten class...
  • Options
    I dont have the link so I am not positive but some people have bride dolls made. I have seen a couple of bridal showers with them. They attempt to have the doll look like the bride. My mother had one. The most recent wedding that I went to had bear stuffed animals dressed as a bride and groom insted of the doll.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options

I dont have the link so I am not positive but some people have bride dolls made. I have seen a couple of bridal showers with them. They attempt to have the doll look like the bride. My mother had one. The most recent wedding that I went to had bear stuffed animals dressed as a bride and groom insted of the doll.

What is the purpose of these dolls? Is it for, like, doll collectors?

• Options
    Just a keepsake.
  • Options

Just a keepsake.

I gotta tell ya... having a doll replicated to look like me is so bizarre. A picture isn't enough?

It's very... Bride of Chucky.
  • Options
    I had one of those once - it was called an American Girl doll.

But seriously - as a grown-up, I would find that creepy beyond belief (and I'm someone who had a porcelain doll collection growing up, so that says something). Granted, if I had grown up with that custom being the norm, I'm sure it wouldn't seem weird to me at all.
  • Options
    I would like the link!
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    allispain said:
    I had one of those once - it was called an American Girl doll.

But seriously - as a grown-up, I would find that creepy beyond belief (and I'm someone who had a porcelain doll collection growing up, so that says something). Granted, if I had grown up with that custom being the norm, I'm sure it wouldn't seem weird to me at all.
    I wanted a doll like that! I remember getting the American Girl doll catalogue and trying to build a doll that looked like me.
    The purpose of those dolls was to encourage young girls to embrace their uniqueness while still finding similar qualities among different people. Or what ever.
    I have no idea why a grown ass woman would want miniature version of themself.

• Options
    This is less like an American Girl doll ans more like a barbie sized doll in a wedding dress resembling the brides. My mom had one and my aunt had one. They got them at their bridal showers.
  • Options

This is less like an American Girl doll ans more like a barbie sized doll in a wedding dress resembling the brides. My mom had one and my aunt had one. They got them at their bridal showers.

Is the dress on the doll the same as the dress the bride will be wearing?
    What's the purpose of having one? Is it like, instead of a statue?
  • Options
    The dress is usually very similar to the brides if they cant have it made to look exactly the same. I dont think there is a true purpose besides being a keepsake.
  • Options
    The dress is usually very similar to the brides if they cant have it made to look exactly the same. I dont think there is a true purpose besides being a keepsake.
    For whom, the bride?
  • Options
    Oh I want in on this one. PM too please! I just can't believe anyone would actually do this to the children! The adults I understand but not the children!
  • Options
    I want the PM!
  • Options
    That is amazing!  Please PM me the link!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I gotta see this too! pretty please :-)

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Options
    @SimplyFated, please PM me the link - am deep in back to school madness and need a good gawp!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else? Just let me know!
  • Options
    Sign me up!
  • Options
    Oh my gosh! Me too please!
  • Options
    Anyone else? Just let me know!
    @Simply_Fated yes please! I am in the same situation as @cmclaire!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards