Snarky Brides
Options

Too many B*&%@*S!

OK so i'm just noticing a recurring pattern on these boards. and that's other brides being total bitches to girls who post. Seriously ladies. everyone is acting like were in the high school cafeteria.

It really sucks too when the Bride who posts has a real question or a real problem and she just gets jabs from all angles. not advice but putdowns, and attitudes, and flatout bitchiness.

It really makes the boards unenjoyable when all the comments are slams at the bride, or even eacother. I've seen that too. WTF! I think more damage is done on these things than good.

I may be a little biased because I had a situation like it too. I had a question and needed advice and no one helped, just made me feel bad about myself. I tried to respond as nice as i could to all the low blows but the bitches just kept coming. Then I lost it and went total bitch myself. But I have just had enough.

Stop being assheads and be supportive fellow brides.
Anniversary

Re: Too many B*&%@*S!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:0b7a9011-4758-42a0-893f-dfde0c9bace9">Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK so i'm just noticing a recurring pattern on these boards. and that's other brides being total bitches to girls who post. Seriously ladies. everyone is acting like were in the high school cafeteria. It really sucks too when the Bride who posts has a real question or a real problem and she just gets jabs from all angles. not advice but putdowns, and attitudes, and flatout bitchiness. It really makes the boards unenjoyable when all the comments are slams at the bride, or even eacother. I've seen that too. WTF! I think more damage is done on these things than good. I may be a little biased because I had a situation like it too. I had a question and needed advice and no one helped, just made me feel bad about myself. I tried to respond as nice as i could to all the low blows but the bitches just kept coming. Then I lost it and went total bitch myself. But I have just had enough. Stop being assheads and be supportive fellow brides.
    Posted by MrsParker6411[/QUOTE]

Really though?  Because it seems to be the only girls complaining about the responses they get, are the whiny brats who do not get the validation they are looking for about their ridiculous ideas.

This was the wrong board to post this on.  Good luck with that.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    not just the ones looking for validation, but the one's being complete bridezilla brats and then being upset that people are calling them out on it.

edit: was this your thread about have a ceremony that you're only inviting 20 people to 2 hours away from the reception, which will have 200 guests? if so, no one was out right mean or rude to you, they just pointed out how rude YOU were being to you guests and the people you expect to drive for four hours in a single day for a 20 minute ceremony so you can have your lake side (note not mud puddle) ceremony.
  • Options
    Why would you be surprised to get snarky responses on the Snarky Brides board?  Get over it.  If you want validation, go to weddingwire.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    My god OP, you are 100% right. How could I have been so blind? You know what, this is going to be a fresh start for me, from this day forward. I'll never again tell someone what I really think, it's just not worth upsetting you.

Thank you so much for this, really and truly, from the bottom of my heart. You should be proud of yourself... You've changed lives today.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    STFU!!!   I mean really, you come on snarky brides, you get real responses to questions, just because they are not what you want to hear, get over it, or better yet, listen to the advice. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    if you don't want to read what people think, don't ask a question.... seems pretty straight forward to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2010
    Calling people bitches and assheads doesn't get you anywhere around here.

Except maybe banned.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    Ladies, I think we have this week's "Chosen One".

Yes, OP, now that you've come and told us what's what, we're all going to change and start validating the crap out of every girl that comes here crying that her "spashul day" is being ruined because her MOH didn't really feel like helping her decide between "pool" and "teal" colored napkins. Everybody is going to be spouting puppies and rainbows from now on because you came and showed us the error of our ways.

Well, except for me. But I'm more than willing to start validating people when they start having ideas worth validating.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I mean it is a snarky board, I feel like if you want a nice answer, there are about 20 other boards on this site for you to post on, but if you are going to come here then you are going to get the honest truth.  Many girls have posted on here and realized how ridiculous they were being and then actually thanked everyone for there responses, you are obviously not one of those people.  

• Options
    OP, really?  I'm relatively new to the boards, and I've been flamed here on Snarky Brides.  Big deal.  I took the flaming, and realized, hey, maybe the way FI worded the attire section on our website would offend people who don't know our dry, sarcastic sense of humor.  And we've changed the whole wedding now anyway, so instead of taking the attire section off, we're changing it to fit our Renaissance Faire wedding.  You don't come to Snarky Brides for validation, you come here for cold, hard, honest truth.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:7bdae16a-502c-40b9-8d21-f62f517367a5">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]But I'm more than willing to start validating people when they start having ideas worth validating.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

This. I have been flamed before too. Guess what? I may not have liked the responses, but they were what I needed to hear. These ladies give honest advice. It may be blunt, but they don't know you and don't owe you validation for a dumb idea. They didn't owe it to me either, and I understood that.

Too many girls come on here expecting a pity party because no one will let them be a bridezilla and let them have their "oh-so-special" princess day. While some responses may be a little meaner than others, who cares? They can write whatever they want to. Usually the meaner the response, the dumber the post anyway.
  • Options
    I'm gonna play devil's advocate for a minute here (and get flamed, such is life), but let's not kid ourselves and pretend the snark stays here.  There are some people who seemingly cannot, in any circumstance, answer a question without being rude about it, no matter how innocuous the question and nor what board it's on.  The query could be where are you going on your honeymoon, what should I do about this relatively minor WP issue, taffeta or silk, church or outdoor wedding and someone will manage to find something rude to say.
    On this board, I expect it, welcome it and love it.  It really irritates me on other boards.  If someone genuinely has no idea about something, it's nice to have an explanation instead of "you're effin' stupid".  Not everyone is a nuanced and studied etiquette marm; HELP instead of chiding sometimes.  If they're a bratty bridezilla, okay, set them straight.  If they're lost and really seeking help, give them direction.

That being said, OP, you should already know what you're going to get if you're going to post something iffy on the Snarky board (and you hit the iffy jackpot bitching about bitchiness on this board.  Of all boards, you chose this one.  Not your best move).  Straight, unfiltered, harsh honesty.  And as some PPs said, they needed it.  It definitely serves a purpose.
  • Options
    I agree that it is foolish to have posted this thread here of all places. OP, maybe you should post this on the Etiquette board if you're that concerned about people being polite.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:989bbdf3-411a-45f7-b495-c4a8dbc01312">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree that it is foolish to have posted this thread here of all places. OP, maybe you should post this on the Etiquette board if you're that concerned about people being polite.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Excellent suggestion.  I'm sure the women of Etiquette would agree wholeheartedly with OP that people should be more polite.
  • Options
    People only make fun of posters when they have dumb, rude, & tacky ideas or the poster is having a huge hissy fit screaming it is MY DAY!

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Options
    I think snarky advice gives you another way to look at a situation. I have gotten great advice here. But if you are a sensitive person, don't post here and get mad at the answers. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, I just read the ridiculous thread with all the "bitches," and seriously OP? You got really good, honest advice from people who were trying to help you. From your local board, no less. Local boards are notoriously gentle compared to the rest of The Knot. If you think that was bitchy, maybe you really should go to WeddingWire. Or to the Etiquette board as I suggested.

In case anyone else is interested in reading the "bitchfest" where OP got mad that no one wanted to drive 4 hours to and from her ceremony to get to the reception (and then decided to only invite 20 of 200 to the ceremony): http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_ceremony-stressin

• Options
    OP, based on the local board post & some of your other posts, sounds like you have a a bad case of bridezialla & it is MY DAY! syndrome. The comfort of your family & your guests should be a high priority & if it is not you will cause bad feelings that will last long past your wedding.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Options
    Seems to me that the OP is the one being the rude B*@ch.
  • Options
    Wow- just read your original post on your local... you are incredibly selfish.  Don't you think if this many people think that YOU are wrong, and YOU are rude... maybe YOU are the problem, not us? 

I hope you mature and get some perspective soon, or you're going to have a very hard life.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:0fd1ba23-c621-4475-8ae5-0e08ba7768b1">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In case anyone else is interested in reading the "bitchfest" where OP got mad that no one wanted to drive 4 hours to and from her ceremony to get to the reception (and then decided to only invite 20 of 200 to the ceremony): <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_ceremony-stressin" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_ceremony-stressin</a>
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Wait, THAT'S what this is about?  Really?  Like... that's it, OP?  They didn't agree with you; that prompted THIS?  Seriously?
    Wow.  I thought she had a legit "they jumped on me and I didn't deserve it".  Nope.

Thanks for posting this, beatles.  Good lord.
  • Options

Someone posts this exact same message in a different way every week complaining about how mean everyone is. It's getting annoying, especially considering this is the snarky brides board. No one makes you post your questions here... if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen!!

March 3, 2012
  • Options
    sips pepsi... opens popcorn bag... giggles at stupidity 

Look... the issue is most brides do not ask questions. They ask for validation on their idea. Even when a question is asked, the bride ends up answering it herself within her post. Again seeking validation. 

What is so great about the Snarky board is that these women LIFT the veil of  BS your friends, family and yourself have put over you. I know for me personally after having posted something that at the time I felt I was attacked over, I was able to really LOOK at what I typed and realized WOW that does sound like a crappy thing to do.

?The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.?
  • Options
    read through the bithy comments and just take their comments for what they are... people who don't know you or your situation giving you their honest opinion on a question that you have asked.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers in progess... Planning bio
  • Options

Some posts are just foot-stomping bratty tantrums disguised as questions and, given the age of marriage in most places, I just assume all brides are simply too old for such behaviour.  Getting married is no excuse to act like a turd.  Close friends and family will never remember the details which stressed out the bride but will remember the bride's attitude for EVER!!!  So where such an attitude comes out loud and clear in posts, in my opinion, she is fair game - LOL!!!  Personally, I care more about what my family and friends think of me than anyone here, and would appreciate getting blasted here before it is too late in my wedding planning ... ;-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:4e1f9212-e774-4ed3-967c-913374e37554">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]MRSPARKER I agree with you. I just want everyone to be happy and I hate when girls are mean because they may not understand how someone else is feeling.
    Posted by lilcassers[/QUOTE]

Oh, get off your high horse lilcasser. Your M.O. is to run into threads at the end and say "OP I AGREE WITH YOU!!! All these girls are bitches!!!" I've seen it 3 different times today and I'm not even trying to keep track of you. You are not going to save The Knot from people being snarky, and you're not helping the OP if you're just validating bad choices they shouldn't be making.

Andplusalso, if you don't even know what a crinoline is or that any poster can report something, chances are you don't know any better than anyone else here, so stop acting like it.

• Options
    I totally agree with everybody.

1) What the ef are you expecting posting on "Snarky brides"?!

2) If you post looking for advice, be prepared to take it.  People aren't sitting around here, waiting to validate your dumb ideas. They're going to give you advice, like you asked for. Duh.

3) I read your post about your 2 hour away ceremony site. The strange thing is, NO ONE WAS BITCHY! I don't know how sheltered you are, but someone giving their opinion is not being bitchy. it's giving advice, which is exactly what you posted for in the first place.

So....yeah.
  • Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2010
    The problem really isn't that you want to have your ceremony 2 hours away.  The problem is that you think it is okay to ask your close friends and family to drive 4 hours total to attend a 20 minute ceremony.  That's just crap.

If it is so important to you to have a beach wedding have the reception near the ceremony site.

Not to mention you probably don't want to insult the sites of some of the other brides on your local.

ETA: Oh, and your post is nothing new or unique.  A beebee bride upset that no one agrees with her tacktastic ideas tries to set everyone straight about once a week.  So, lesson-teaching fail
  • Options

What a dumb reason to start a thread. OP, get over yourself.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:5e11c26d-4bbb-4814-93cc-b11cd828034c">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm gonna play devil's advocate for a minute here (and get flamed, such is life), but let's not kid ourselves and pretend the snark stays here.  There are some people who seemingly cannot, in any circumstance, answer a question without being rude about it, no matter how innocuous the question and nor what board it's on.  The query could be where are you going on your honeymoon, what should I do about this relatively minor WP issue, taffeta or silk, church or outdoor wedding and someone will manage to find something rude to say. On this board, I expect it, welcome it and love it. <strong> It really irritates me on other boards.</strong>  <strong>If someone genuinely has no idea about something, it's nice to have an explanation instead of "you're effin' stupid".  Not everyone is a nuanced and studied etiquette marm; HELP instead of chiding sometimes.  If they're a bratty bridezilla, okay, set them straight.  If they're lost and really seeking help, give them direction.</strong> That being said, OP, you should already know what you're going to get if you're going to post something iffy on the Snarky board (and you hit the iffy jackpot bitching about bitchiness on this board.  Of all boards, you chose this one.  Not your best move).  Straight, unfiltered, harsh honesty.  And as some PPs said, they needed it.  It definitely serves a purpose.
    Posted by drileybubeck[/QUOTE]

Most of the people I know on here are way more creative and hilarious in their responses than "you are effin; stupid." This makes me believe you don't spend much time on other boards. If anything, we often flame people who do nothing but throw party lines or are over agressive to newbs. Furthurmore, the first few posts in response to a vague OP are almost ALWAYS asking for clarification. I would spend some more time around here before shooting your mouth off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards