Snarky Brides
Options

RANTS

I'm ranty today, and I felt the need to have a place to post all my rants. So please, join me with your ranty ways!

In responding to another thread, I fully just realized exactly how much it pisses me off when people arbitrarily decide how serious a relationship is when issuing invitations. Argh!

That's just my first one for now. What's yours? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RANTS

• Options
    Mine currently is when people say 'the wedding'... like I bought this for 'the wedding.' Not I bought this for my/our wedding. The way people use 'the' sounds like it's the only one in the world and the most important. 
  • Options
    Ditto to feeling empowered to judge the seriousness of others' relationship. Where does that shit end? So do you feel like you can not invite the spouse of someone because they separated for a year but are back together? No. It's so easy - just invite people in relationships. 

I also get annoyed with I hear "it's OUR day" or worse "it's MY special day." Sorry toots, but you probably have the same wedding date as lots of other people. Most people don't give a shit that it's your wedding day. Most people will probably be relieved when your wedding is over. It's like people think that the world stops to honor their wedding day and that they can act however they want because "It's MY day" damnit. And then these are the same people who force their mom to wear certain colors and think everyone pretty much needs to be their brideslave for the duration of their engagement. It's like toddlers in tiaras meets my super sweet sixteen, except everyone is older and knows better - they're just acting a fool anyway.

*********************************************************************************

• Options
    I get super irritated when people ask me about the wedding and then get all judgey about my answers, like when I told Jan* our wedding colors are eggplant and gold. She got this weird look on her face and replied, "Hmmm, I wonder how that will work." 

How the fuck do you think it'll work, Jan? We'll implement those colors in our bouquets, WP attire, and centerpieces. Crazy, I know.

*names changed to protect the judgey 

PS - Is it spelled judgy or judgey? 
  • Options

ElcaB said:
    I get super irritated when people ask me about the wedding and then get all judgey about my answers, like when I told Jan* our wedding colors are eggplant and gold. She got this weird look on her face and replied, "Hmmm, I wonder how that will work." 

How the fuck do you think it'll work, Jan? We'll implement those colors in our bouquets, WP attire, and centerpieces. Crazy, I know.

*names changed to protect the judgey 

PS - Is it spelled judgy or judgey? 

This made me LOL.  Who the fuck really cares what your wedding colors are?  I never understand this.  I mean, it's fine to ask and I get that some people love weddings, themes, decorating, etc., but what affect does this have on anyone. 

For instance, people who think they have to pick colors that "match" the season of the wedding.  Who does this matter to?

Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    kahaywakahaywa member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2013
    I hate when people ask for planning details, then tell me I'm doing it all wrong!  We're doing a pig roast for our reception. How formal do people think we can make that for crying out loud! I'm not the Pretty Princess type. Just be happy I'm wearing a dress! And I want some Ice cream...
  • Options
    Mine is the fact that David's Bridal has given my email address and phone number to other "wedding vendors". If it wasn't for the fact that I need them to be able to call/ email me when my stuff comes in I never would have given them my info! I also refuse to give any of the people they gave my info to any business!
  • Options
    Cray cray newbies who think we're all stuck up, rich snobs because we follow etiquette.

Someone explain that logic to me, please?
    If you are polite to people you must have learned manners. If you learned manners, you must have learned from reading books or the webnetz. If you learned from reading books or the webnetz, you must be able to afford them. If you can afford books or the webnetz, you must be rich. If you are rich, you are stuck up. When you are stuck up you are also a snob. See? It DOES make sense.

*********************************************************************************

• Options
    I hate that vendors from Florida email me almost every day. I live in San Diego. My wedding is in San Diego. I hate Florida. Stop fucking emailing me.

Anniversary

• Options
    svc2014 said:
    I hate how employees at dress shops are asking, "Are you saying 'Yes to the dress'?"
    We aren't on a TV show... Thanks for making this super corny. 
    I also hate when girls post this phrase on social networks to announce they've gotten their dress. 
  • Options
    I hate when people post on facebook 9 times a day (yes I counted) about how hard life is. Laundry is hard, work is hard it's too busy yadda yadda yadda. How about you STFU get off facebook and get it done instead of bitching about it.
  • Options

Cray cray newbies who think we're all stuck up, rich snobs because we follow etiquette.

Someone explain that logic to me, please?

If you are polite to people you must have learned manners. If you learned manners, you must have learned from reading books or the webnetz. If you learned from reading books or the webnetz, you must be able to afford them. If you can afford books or the webnetz, you must be rich. If you are rich, you are stuck up. When you are stuck up you are also a snob. See? It DOES make sense.

ohhh. This all makes sense to me now.
  • Options
    I am so tired of getting thank you cards after weddings with nothing but a typed "thank you" in them. Personalize your thank-you notes, people!!

I got one today, more than 3 months after the wedding. Why the hell did it take you 3 months to send out generic thank you cards?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. I dislike judgey-pants people who think they can define a relationship and therefore exclude people.

2. I am seriously ticked at a friend of mine who has a first date scheduled for Oct. 5 (10 days after our RSVPs are due, and all of eight days before our wedding) and wants to know, "If it goes well, can I bring her as my date?" No, no you may not. You are single, you were invited without a plus-one, you haven't been on a date since May and before that it was last April, so I didn't give you a plus-one and no you may not add one just randomly!

3. I'm about to institute a ban on my reporters using words they can't spell because I have better things to do than try to figure out WTH word you meant by that random jumble of letters (Cf., exisperbate = exacerbate).

Those are my current rants. I like this thread, thanks!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    svc2014 said:

I hate how employees at dress shops are asking, "Are you saying 'Yes to the dress'?"
    We aren't on a TV show... Thanks for making this super corny. 

Yea at David's Bridal they wanted me to ring a bell. I wanted to throw it instead, but resisted the urge. It's a dress, not prophetic or anything.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I like to ring the bell at long John silvers.
  • Options
    My rant. I'm mad I never have a babysitter. Fôr the first time in a long time I want to get drunk before 8 pm. And who the EFF liked all pixies stupid cômments in the stage thread? I don't like annôminity. (Sp?) Its shady round here. Back tô the prôbôards
  • Options
    I'm scrolling through the boards, catching up on being away for the weekend. And my goodness, there's, like, nothing. There are so many stupid and repetitive questions that have been asked, all of the same crap over and over again, that I don't even know how to feel anymore.

This is me, as I continue to click on more threads:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Grabows14 said:
    Yea at David's Bridal they wanted me to ring a bell. I wanted to throw it instead, but resisted the urge. It's a dress, not prophetic or anything.

I rang the bell at DB when I picked my dress.  They have you close your eyes, and when I opened them, I was instantly surrounded by every other sales consultant in the store, and they all had veils and shoes and tiaras and such in their hands, and they started shoving them all on me.  The bell isn't a nice tradition, it's a homing beacon.

I want to rant about a friend of FI's that posted on FB about a hot-button issue this morning.  She wrote "I don't care who you are, I don't support *hot button issue* and if you do, you are crazy."  Everyone is entitled to believe what they do, but making sweeping judgements about other people for their own beliefs and then posting them in public forums is pretty damn horrible.  Especially since this same girl posted a huge attention-seeking rant on FB just a month ago complaining about how much she is persecuted for her beliefs and how people are actually forcing her to die (yes, she actually said people are forcing her to die) by persecuting her beliefs.  It is taking every ounce of personal restraint in my body to not fire someting back at her, since she is standing in our wedding (on FI's side) in a month and if I pissed her off and she dropped out, FI would be super upset.

I didn't include what the hot button issue actually is because I didn't want to accidentally spark a debate about it.

Well. She sounds like a peach.
  • Options
    I had people tell me, or my mother rather, since they were her guests, " I don't have to send the RSVP back, you know I'm coming!" No I don't, how do I know that? How do I know if your husband is coming, your children, how do I know this if you don't check the friggin box and send back the addressed, stamped card?!?! These were not people my age either, these were people ranging from 30s to 50s.
  • Options

We got a wedding ivitation last Monday.  We called the hotel with the block of rooms on Wednesday, and they told us that the block rate had expired on Monday.  The wedding is in 6 weeks.  The hotel information was on the couple's wedding website, for which we didn't have a link until we received the invitations (there was no link on the save the date).  Yes, we could have probably found it online, but I (foolishly i guess?) assumed that they would be thinking of their guests and get the OOT guests the hotel information with plenty of time to spare.  Nope.

Fortunately, we found a Hampton Inn 2 miles away for $130/night.  The "block rate" that had expired was $275/night, full price $375/night, at the reception location.  No thanks.  That was the only hotel block.  The wedding is in a resort destination, where none of the guests or the couple are from, so everyone is coming from OOT. 

i guess i wasted a lot of time setting up my two hotel room blocks, which do not expire until 2 weeks before my wedding, making sure that they had a range of prices and were within walking distance of all of the wedding events.  apparently it's ok to say "F You" to the hundred or so guests that you are expecting to come in from OOT?  wish i'd known that before.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I hate when people don't set up hotel blocks. FIs cousin got married in June over an hour away and didn't set up a block so the rooms were crazy expensive.

We went to a christening yesterday and had a few people come up to us and say "heard you guys are getting married can't wait". If you're JUST hearing we're engaged chances are you aren't invited.

I'm also sick of people asking what our theme is. It's not a sweet 16. Our theme is we're getting married and having a kick ass party! When some people ask I just tell them 50 shades of pink. (We're using a few different shades) that usually keeps them from asking anymore questions.

ETA: for spacing...silly ipad
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hate when people you aren't even close to ask, "Am I invited?" Worse yet, groomsman girlfriend of 3 months ask FI, "Do I get to be a bridesmaid?" Um...NO! I don't even know you.
  • Options
    If my mom drops one more not so subtle hint about how I should get married in a church, I swear... It's been quiet lately so maybe she finally dropped it. That's kind of what I thought when I first said no to it though so maybe it's the calm before the storm (also it changed fonts on me, don't know why). 

The DB bell thing is weird! I went to two and they didn't mention that at all. Maybe it's a regional thing. That would be so embarrassing. 

Also I'm really annoyed that wearing cowboy boots is a "thing" now. I've wanted to do it for a long time because I'm an avid horsewoman who grew up in a small country town who was raised by ranchers. For me it's a genuine nod to my upbringing but now I'll look like I'm just following some stupid pinterest fad. 

Not gonna make my BMs do it though. I think that looks like crap, plus my BMs don't have the same upbringing. They'll be hidden under my dress though only to be taken out for a few shots. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards