Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Signature Drink - How Much?

I would like to have our signature drink be a pomegranate margarita.  There will be 85 guest at our wedding and probably only 55 people who will be drinking alcohol.  We will have beer and wine as well as sodas, lemonade, and tea.

We want to have the drink premaid for the wedding.  How much do you think we should have?

I have a 3 gallon drink dispenser that only the bartenders would use.  We would probably have gallon pitchers that we would pore into it.

Also if anyone has any tips for making margaritas in large quantities that would be great!

Re: Signature Drink - How Much?

• Options

You'd be serving it on the rocks, I assume? Bartenders making a blended drink all night would be a noisy challenge.

So we'll estimate 6oz of margarita per glass. 128 oz per gallon (times 3)

You'll get about 64 drinks per dispenser. I would do two dispensers worth.

In all honesty, I could probably down about 5 of those, easily, over the course of the night.

• Options
    It depends on your crowd - are those who drink likely have just one or two drinks or five or six drinks over the course of the evening? Does your crowd tend to prefer wine, beer, or liquor?

I would probably have 3 of the 3 gallon dispensers with that number of guests, since I know that margaritas are popular with a lot of our friends and family.
  • Options
    If they're tasty and I'm not driving, i'd do at least 3. My FI could drink with ItzMs. Estimate high.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with itzMS, two sounds about right. Don't stress over it --- when you run out, you run out. People with thirsty livers can still enjoy beer and/or wine. 
  • Options
    Do you have to decide this? Could you ask your venue and the bartenders? They might have a formula they normally use with a plan in case they run out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards