New Jersey
Options

Venue Ceremony Question

How are you decorating the ceremony space if you are getting married the same place as your reception? I'm at a loss right now for ideas....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue Ceremony Question

• Options
    I think it depends on the space. We are getting married at the Knoll, so it's a golf course with lots of greenery and the ceremony area has a gazebo. We are getting a long floral arrangement for the top front of the gazebo and then will place 2 columns at the start of the aisle with arrangements on them. Those will have some greenery cascading down.

Is your place indoors or out? Does it have a color scheme already?
  • Options
    If it's nice weather we'll be doing it outside but if not then we obviously have no choice but to do it inside. Do you have a backup plan in case the weather is bad? @majesty318 Our venue is brand new so the coorindator has yet to tell me if they will provide some sort of gazebo or arbor of some sort. Places are already booking up for canopy rentals so I was hoping to get it done sooner than later but I'm not sure how the outside area will look once they complete it.....its kind of holding me back from planning anything right now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, @jaz3088 our venue will either do the ceremony in the ballroom or in the foyer (my preference) in case of rain. So if we end up inside the long arrangement would go above the fireplace in the foyer and the columns would still stay at the beginning of the aisle.

I think you'd have to wait on the canopy unless you can rent one with no-fee to cancel?

But you could pick a color scheme and start thinking if you want an aisle runner or just petals along the side of the aisle, chair bows, hanging flowers, that kind of thing.
  • Options
    Your so right! thank you :)@majesty318
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Will the knoll let you have the ceremony in the foyer? @majesty318 That was also a thought in my head for my venue but I have a feeling they will say no to me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @jaz3088 yes, they will. I asked before we booked because one of my original criteria was separate ceremony space from the ballroom. But hopefully the weather will be gorgeous and we won't need to anyway!
  • Options
    @majesty318 Thats awesome! I hope so for your sake :) When is your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards