Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Desert in December???

Are we crazy to plan a ceremony in the desert in late December next year?  Has anyone else done this?  We are looking at Valley of Fire or the Calico Basin. Thanks in advance for the advice!  

Re: Desert in December???

• Options
    KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    Well that's depending... It won't be hot or warm for that matter. According to weather spark you might hit a high of 12C/53F in late dec. We were at the hoover damn (on the other side of the lake from valley of the fire) in Jan, 2 years ago and it was defiantly pants and a light jacket weather. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the info!  We have our hearts set on Las Vegas, and December is just about the only open time frame for us and our family/friends!  The desert scenery looks gorgeous, but I'm so afraid we're going to be cold and miserable.  
  • Options
    Ahh, yeah that isn't fun. You would probably be chilly in your dress for sure. Have you thought about Palm springs or palm desert? they have a little bit warmer weather and they have great dessert landscapes. http://weatherspark.com/#!dashboard;q=palm%20springs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi,

I just got married in the Grand Canyon last week and it was actually really hot.  Temp wise it was cool, but considering the canyon walls retain heat and in the helicopter you are basically in the oven, all was well.  you can PM me if you have any additional questions
  • Options
    It's pretty chilly in late December. I wouldn't want to stay outside for very long, even in a coat. I think the high is around 50, with lows around 30-35 at night. It gets very cold once the sun goes down. The strip stays a bit warmer due to all of the lights and people (and the concrete retains heat), but the desert will be cold.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards