Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

In-suite reception

So we are looking to have our wedding in oct/nov of 2014. We are still trying to decide on the location of the ceremony but the most difficult part so far is deciding on the reception site. We are on a really tight budget and have around 40 guests. We can't afford to actually have a sit-down style reception nor do I want one. Feeding 40 people can get expensive. So i want to do an in-suite "cocktail hour" with a few platters with some food to munch on. Problem is I am not sure that I can find a hotel that can accommodate that many people. My other option would be to rent a house but that too can be pricey. Any ideas?

Re: In-suite reception

• Options

I would suggest looking at VegasGroom's site for suggestions on in-suite. Lots of the ladies here have done insuites, so I am sure there is a beavy of information. Some of the most popular places for in suites are Mandalay Bay's Vista suite, Orleans, Stardust, MGM Skyline Terrace or Cosmo suites overlooking the fountains.

What is your budget looking like and that would probably help a few of us answer!

Good luck and welcome!

• Options
    Great! Thank you! I'm looking at a budget at 5k not including some help from our parents. I know it is possible. I want to spend the bulk of the money on the reception and the photography at the ceremony. 
  • Options
    The best advice I can give you is have your wedding on a Sunday or weekday night if that is an option. The cost of suites drops dramatically! The Apex Suite at Planet Hollywood could fit a group your size. Another option is to have your ceremony IN your suite too to save money.

A cocktail/appetizer reception sounds like a lot of fun.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    I agree with Missmo14 (not just cuz we are awesome April brides)....I am getting married on Sunday and that helped with the cost of things. You could do a lot with 5k in suite, with cocktails and apps and have enough money for your dream photog!
  • Options
    Hey, I know you said you didn't want a sit down but if you change your mind Canaletto offers set menus from around $40 and there's no minimum spend/room charge. I think their beer & wine package was $25. They also offer appetizers. Their Murano room holds 50.
  • Options
    If you're doing "snack" appetizers instead of heavy appetizers, make sure you don't hold your reception around meal time. People are going to expect food if your reception is at, say, 5:00 or 6:00.

You can also save money by having a morning wedding and a brunch reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards