Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Where To Buy Wedding Jewelry

Browsing this board got me thinking- where "should" people buy wedding jewelry? I've always used Icing by Claire's for prom and stuff, but I feel like that could be too costumey for getting married? Should it be real jewelery, because that could get expensive fast, and that's concerning... I'm just brainstorming, would like to hear what other people think though.

Re: Where To Buy Wedding Jewelry

• Options
    I got mine at Charming Charlies. It's a little nicer then Claire's but still very affordable. Their prices are probably similar, just Charming Charlies has a bigger variety of stuff. But if you find something you like at Claire's, go for it. If it looks good, no reason you have to pay a fortune, especially if you want to go for the blinged out stuff. You would probably never wear it again, so why invest the money. But if you want to get special piece for your special day that you would wear again, like a diamond pendent or studs or a pearl necklace, if you can afford it, nothing wrong with that either. Just don't spend a lot on something you won't wear again, As long as it looks good with your dress, it won't matter how much or little you spent on it.
  • Options
    @Erikan73 ok thank you so much, I think that's what I needed to hear! I've never heard of Charming Charlies, is that online? I'll have to take a look. I just don't want to half-ass it if I'm not supposed to, but our budget is pretty tight. As long as there's not a procedure for jewelery or something that I don't know about, cheap and pretty it is!
  • Options

Yes they have an online store, but if you don't have any in your area, it's basically the same as any accessory store, they are just on a larger scale. You can even check out ebay & etsy. I got some of the stuff for my BM on ebay (great place to sell inexpensive bridal jewelry that you'll never wear again)

• Options
    Has your fiancé given you any jewelry? I'm a big fan of wearing something "real", but I have a nice selection to fall back on. Otherwise, can you borrow a nice piece from your mom, grandma, aunt, or best friend? If your budget is tight, a borrowed piece would save money.
  • Options
    I love Charming Charlie's, that's a great suggestion! I doubt people will be paying enough attention to your accessories to know if they're real or not and I doubt they would care anyway. I have a tight budget too and there are other things I would rather spend the money on than jewelry I will probably only wear for one day. 
  • Options
    Charming Charlie's has some really surprisingly good quality stuff. I'm looking at Etsy myself. But if I stick with something simple I'll probably just do the single pearl drop necklace that Fi gave me when we first started dating.
  • Options

I would ask to borrow something meaningful from mom, MIL, grandma, etc.

If not, look at nordstrom, jcrew, and bauble bar

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting a lot of mine from Etsy.  There are a lot of nicer faux pearls / swarovski crystal pieces that are nicer than Claire's/CC's but not as much as real.

I also made sure to get pieces that I will likely wear again.  My mom got me a double strand of pearls for Christmas that I'll wear first to the wedding, but could wear often after that.

• Options
    I'm borrowing earrings from my FMIL (diamond and blue sapphire studs) as my "something blue".

I'm borrowing a diamond "snake" necklace from my mom as my "something borrowed".

I bought my pearl & crystal hair comb from Etsy for $25 including shipping.

If you are going to buy something I would do your best to buy something you could conceivable wear again at some point in the future or go really inexpensive.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options

Thanks for the tips ladies, I appreciate it!

I didn't even *think* about borrowing stuff, silly me. For all I know there's something traditional of my grandmother's I'll want to wear.

• Options
    I am wearing my mom's pearl necklace and will get pearl & rhinestone earrings from Etsy. I am looking at the shop PoppiesGiftShop right now because her earrings are $4. Since I will probably not wear them too often after the wedding I do not want to spend a lot. Charming Charlie's had a pair I loved but one of the pearl beads had fallen off.
  • Options
    I got my necklace and headband from Etsy and my earrings at Kohls.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

You must take a good look at the discount jewelry stores both online and otherwise.  You’re sure to find something you like that is also priced comfortably for you.     

• Options
    I got my necklace, earrings and bracelet at Sam Moon.  I think overall, I spent less than $40 on jewelry.  I don't ever plan on wearing it again either, so I didn't feel too bad about it.

The only 'fancy' piece I wore was one of the earrings that was part of a necklace/broach/earring set that my grandmother had bought for me when I was born which is ivory (I know, I know...but this is legal ivory, and I agree it's a damn shame an elephant died, but I love this set because my grandmother gave it with love...mixed bag).

I had always dreamed of wearing the ivory necklace when I got married...until I realized ivory, even while not sitting close to a white gown, looks really bad.
  • Options
    I got my earrings on Etsy from seller PoppiesGiftShop. I stumbled across her shop and everything is really inexpensive. I didn't want to spend much at all on earrings I may never wear again. I ended up getting a custom design for under $10! I will post a picture later if I remember but I am really happy with them and the seller was great to work with.
  • Options
    I'm also a fan of wearing something "real" for the wedding. My tastes also run to fairly simple jewelry and I usually don't wear anything other than the same simple small hoop earrings, my engagement ring, and a ring my grandmother left me.

That being said, most of the jewelry I will be wearing I already own: my engagement ring, my maternal grandmother's engagement ring on right hand, gold necklace with a small diamond left to me by my paternal grandmother, and a pair of small diamond stud earrings that my parents got me for my 30th birthday. 

The only thing I may purchase is another slightly larger set of diamond earrings (double pierced ears). The way I see it, that is a pair of earrings that I can wear over and over for the rest of my life.  So if you can afford it, my suggestion would be to invest in something simple and "real" that you can first wear at your wedding and then continue to wear for many years to come. 
  • Options
    I'm wearing the earrings my sister had made for her wedding. The dress really doesn't need any other jewelry.

I saw some beaded hairpieces that were $500+ that Iust for. Then I had a flash of reality and decided to go with just a flower in my hair. Though I may change my mind and buy something from Charming Charlie or Icing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards