Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday

2»

Re: Monday

• Options
    This morning was fun at work. No internet. They were doing construction on the bar in the basement and decided our blue internet cord was ugly and cut it. Oh the fun.

Friday night was low key since I was sick. We just kind of hung out and relaxed.

Saturday, I went with FI's best friend's mom to a new age shop since FI was on a shoot. I had a Reiki healing and got a neat stone bracelet. It was actually a fun time and my head cleared up and I had a lot of energy leaving there. I learned how to make french onion soup.

Sunday we went to church and then to the mall to get FI new work clothes. That went over well. Found the leak in my car. Luckily just a connector and I'm going to pick it up in a half hour.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@phira Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I feel odd showing it to some people because they are all very "Oh, that's interesting" or "Oh, that's nice" but honestly...I HATED the plain bands on him. They didn't sit right in my eyes and I just wasn't happy with the look. We went through about 8 or 10 rings before he tried that one on and it just looked right. The band itself is very thick and masculine and I feel like it looks natural on him. I don't know really know many people who have a H with anything other than a plain band though so it'll take some getting used to. I think the only person we know who has something not "traditional" is his old roommate who has a band with black cobalt or titanium bands interlayed into the white gold.

• Options
    @phira we registered at Bed Bath and Beyond. We found everything we wanted there and it's a store that's accessable to family that live out in the boonies of Pennsylvania. We registered for about 55 things ranging from 4.99 (measuring cups) to $500 (Calphalon pots and pans). I did register for a Margaritaville Blender but realized we have two blenders in our house already so any more, and I may have a drinking problem.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @phira thanks! Hopefully he gets better soon and we can get him on a regimented diet with no problems going  forward

Anniversary

• Options
    phira said:

@beanbot2002 First of all, LOVE the birthday party BFF threw. I love when kids can get really into scenarios like that! Not that traditional kid birthdays aren't fun for kids, but this sounds like it was fun for everyone, adults included!

I also agree with you about confirmation. The whole darn point is that it's supposed to be Bean's decision. It sounds like the pressure is getting really annoying though. Props to your for recognizing it for what it is: pressure, not reasoning.

Ahh Stuck in the box. Thanks @phira. I explained to mom that I didn't regret getting confirmed, but that I regret not being told that this was really MY decision. I felt pressured into it. I made sure to tell her I didn't hold a grudge about it nor was I angry with her. I know she was just doing what she thought was best, as a parent. But I asked her to allow me to do what I feel is best as a parent. It's not as though not getting confirmed at 13 means that he can never be confirmed. I reminded her that he has all the time he wants, up until the day he dies, to be confirmed, and that I'd rather he be aware of what that truly means before he decides. I also asked her not to pressure him, but encouraged her to share her beliefs with him...but in a "I/the RC church believe xyz" not in a "YOU have to believe xyz" or "THIS IS HOW IT IS. PERIOD." way. Does that make sense? If he's going to decide, he should know both sides I guess.
    I also think it's a lot to ask 13 year olds to really decide where they stand on a lot of beliefs. I'm 100% different now in my beliefs then I was when I was 13. Basically when I was 13 I just went along with what my parents believed/preached.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @Imhollister - Love the bands!  I like the one your FI got (I couldn't talk my FI into getting anything like it - he'll get a plain boring band).

Anniversary
  • Options
    My weekend was okay. Friday night, I had a really stupid fight with my partner; he was playing a frustrating video game and threw the controller down when his character died. I got very upset; the actual action scared the shit out of me, and I'm also not even a little okay with physically aggressive anger like that. The fight lasted ForEver, which sucked because I had a 9am hair cut. We made up, and my partner felt sufficiently guilty for keeping me up so late. I DID tell him I had to be up early, but he'd forgotten.

Haircut went well; my stylist and I were both totally half-asleep. I'm growing out my hair, which is irritating the shit out of me. It looks nicer now because it's just been cut, but I'm sure that when I return in 10 weeks, I'll be tempted to chop it off again.

When I got home, I napped forEVER because I was so tired. Then we had dinner with one of my partner's friends. It was fun, but his friend was almost an hour late, and dinner went really long, so I was pretty tired by the end.

Sunday, my partner went against orders and let me sleep in. It turns out, he let me sleep in because he was cleaning the apartment as a surprise for me. The sad thing is, he spent a couple of hours cleaning, and he got about as much done as I do in 45 minutes of cleaning. I joined in and we finished cleaning in under an hour, with me doing a deep clean of the bathroom and finishing the majority of the living room and bedroom. I also found his engagement band, which had fallen under the bed a few nights earlier (happened while we were sleeping--he has very skinny fingers!).

Then my friend came over, which was fun and frustrating at the same time. It was fun because we've been friends forever, and we watched Supernatural and chatted. It was frustrating because she was talking about how she can't find the kind of job she wants because she has no skills, and how she totally gets why her boss won't give anyone full-time positions since it's so expensive for him, and how excited she is to get a $1/hr raise after working there for two years. She also gave us a new story about how she went gluten-free, now claiming that the nausea she experienced (which went away when she stopped eating gluten) only lasted for a couple days. I hate doubting her gluten intolerance so much, and I honestly don't care if a dietary restriction is voluntary or not (I don't eat pork, purely voluntarily). But UGH so tired of her pickiness and hearing about how much she misses bread when she could probably eat it.

Monday has been slow. Slept pretty well, but had trouble waking up. Class went all right, but I was embarrassed to ask for help with the code we were writing. Tonight, I'm going to see Gisele with some friends (a local theater is screening a show or something?).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

@Phira - I balled like a baby all the way down the aisle. I can't totally blame it on the song I guess...but yeah. Don't worry if you do though! I was bummed, but everyone told me we seemed more "genuine" because of the emotion. I was just worried that I looked like this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But thankfully this was the worst of it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

@kait I could not handle working above a bar, I would be going there right after I leave work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

@kait I could not handle working above a bar, I would be going there right after I leave work.

^^ This times five...

• Options
    So sad the weekend is over:( Ugh, it's Monday.  Yuck.

This weekend was great!  Friday H and cuddled on the couch and watched some Mad Men.  Netflix may be one of the best purchases we've ever made.

Saturday was insane amounts of fun.  H and I slept in and then picked my friend N up from the airport.  We spent the afternoon getting ready for the dip party.  The night was then followed with lots of friends, stuffing our face with dip, boozing, and topped off with CAH.  I'm not sure I fully warned @loves2shop4shoes and @minskat30 how much my friends like to drink.  So yeah, I'm pretty sure they witnessed some drunken dancing, humping, and ass grabbing!  Oops!  My friends are quite entertaining:). Also, @minskat30 may just be a Master Dip Chef.  Seriously, there are no words to accurately describe the yumminess she brought over.  So freaking good.

Sunday was followed up with brunch and coffee with a few girlfriends before N had to head back to DC.  Then H and spent the rest if the day on the couch with some more Netflix.  It was glorious.  

I want to do it all over again!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @buddysmom80, the scary thing is it's owned by a registered sex offender.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    This is all I got

• Options

Awwww @Suzie211 - You are making me blush.  :)  I had a BLAST hanging out with you, your hubby, @loves2shop4shoes and her hubby and all your friends.  Very, very fun party.

This weekend was good overall.  Friday was work, work and then crash.  Saturday was two killer 1 hour-long workouts in a row (probably a bad idea...I almost didn't make it through the last 15 minutes) and then all the fun, food and wine @Suzie211's place.

Sunday I meant to workout but it didn't happen (too sore) so H and I cleaned up our storage unit, did some house cleaning and bought some winter clothes because this weather is terrible.  Pretty productive day (though my diet sort of went out the window...I need daily workouts to keep me accountable I think).

• Options

ok @sakalicious...but ONLY if that burrito can contain some beans ;)

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    A burrito isn't a burrito without beans!
  • Options
    @phira - Next time your friend complains that she misses bread - tell her to go to her doctors and get tested to see if she actually has a gluten allergy and depending on how far you can go, tell her you don't want to hear about it until she IS tested and it comes back positive. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    @phira - Next time your friend complains that she misses bread - tell her to go to her doctors and get tested to see if she actually has a gluten allergy and depending on how far you can go, tell her you don't want to hear about it until she IS tested and it comes back positive. 
    It's been a couple years and I've asked her a million times why she hasn't gotten tested if she misses bread so much. She always explains why she's sure it would be positive (even though there are several reasons it's very unlikely), and she points out (correctly) that she would have to eat gluten again for the test to give any results, and she doesn't want to do that. The kicker is that if you don't eat gluten for a while, allergy or no allergy, it's likely you'll feel sick for a period of time if you go back on gluten. So she's using that as another reason why she doesn't want to.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014

Ugh. Monday.

This weekend was OK. On Friday I worked 7-3, then I went with a friend to pole class, and that was fun. We are officially moving to the next level of classes, which is exciting, lol. It's good to see myself getting better at something, not to mention stronger and more toned!

Saturday I had a few errands to run, including buying a new laptop since my old one is getting pretty slow and decrepit and has no battery life after four years with me. It still works but just isn't doing everything I need it to anymore, but my little bro is going to use it while he saves for whatever he wants to get. I love my new laptop; it even turns into a tablet! <3

While I was out, I heard about the mall shooting that happened in MD and spent a lot of the late morning/early afternoon worrying about that. I live kinda near there, have probably been to that mall a million times, and had friends and acquaintances who were there or knew someone who was there, so it was very scary making sure all my loved ones were accounted for and watching the news trying to learn what had happened. I was supposed to do schoolwork that evening but just couldn't concentrate after that. I did some housework, then made the tortellini recipe @lmhollister told me about (GIRL. It was soooooo yummy! My friends loved it, and I am about to kill the leftovers tonight. Thanks for sharing it!) and some brownies. My girlfriends came over and we just ate and laughed and talked, which was really nice.

Sunday was all school and housework. I am amazed at how much I got done and hope I have about six months' worth of that kind of productivity left in me. I did have a small meltdown while cleaning out my room, though, just finally getting everything associated with C out of the way. I did pretty well with putting away the pictures of us and the stuffed animals he bought me; but oh my Lord, when I went to get rid of his toiletries? I opened the drawer where he kept them, got a whiff of his soap, and burst into tears and couldn't stop crying for a few minutes. Smell and memories - it's a real thing! So I had my little catharsis, remembering all the good things I associated with him and his scent, and then I sucked it up and threw it all out, so that's that. Anyway, other than that, it was a good day and I got a LOT done.

Today was the first day of spring semester, and it was actually awesome. We had on-campus clinical today, which basically means that we practice all of the nursing skills we will be responsible for this semester, as well as get oriented to the course. It was well organized and the instructors this semester are awesome, including my clinical instructor, so I am really looking forward to this class. Who knows, maybe there's a Peds nurse in me. :) After class I had a counseling appointment with my lady, who has been off due to the office's winter hours for about a month, so it was really good to see her again - like REALLY good. We talked more about things with C, and I think I am finally starting to be able to accept what happened. Yes, there were some awesome things about our relationship - mostly the part of it that was just about us being friends and being there for each other; but he didn't put in the effort to meet my needs in a romantic relationship or meet me halfway on a lot of things, and after five and a half years of trying to work with him on these things, I simply cannot trust that he's going to change. If he really had wanted to, he would have made the effort back when it counted. So that is a very freeing thing to finally internalize, and even though I will still definitely have those stomach-dropping moments when I think about the fact that it's really over, I am at a point where I'm ready to move forward and find out what happens next for me. So HOPEFULLY I can stop thinking about it so much and stop self-flagellating and get on with my life; it is just not worth the energy anymore.

• Options
    phira said:
    It's been a couple years and I've asked her a million times why she hasn't gotten tested if she misses bread so much. She always explains why she's sure it would be positive (even though there are several reasons it's very unlikely), and she points out (correctly) that she would have to eat gluten again for the test to give any results, and she doesn't want to do that. The kicker is that if you don't eat gluten for a while, allergy or no allergy, it's likely you'll feel sick for a period of time if you go back on gluten. So she's using that as another reason why she doesn't want to.
    That is irritating.  Celiac disease really isn't that common and no one should really self-diagnois but what can you do?  As you point out, she is right that she would have to eat gluten for a while to get tested.  I know my doctor (after the blood work tested positive for celiac) told me to keep eating it until I got the biopsy done and it was hell for a few weeks.
  • Options
    @phira - Stupid Knot won't let me edit (and not sure if you want to talk to your friend any more about this issue) but I wanted to add that if she really misses bread that much she should try Goodbye Gluten bread.  Other than a local bakery in Chicago that is gluten-free dedicated and amazing, it is by far the best gluten-free bread readily available on the market (in my opinion).  Anything vaccum sealed (aka Schar) is like cotton. The key to Goodbye Gluten bread is to toast it a little so it will hold up if you are using it for a sandwich (I just put a little butter in a pan like I'm making a grilled cheese sandwich and toast the bread that way).   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards