Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Mexico all inclusive resort private receptions?

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or recommendations on private receptions at any Mexico resorts. I'm having a large DW (expecting 120-150 guests) and I would like to keep the costs down if possible. 

As we all know, there is a cost per head for food and alcohol at most all inclusive resorts (ie. $40/person meal + $10/person per hour alcohol), plus a cost for room rental plus sound system, plus DJ, plus additional hours..

I understand the Palace resorts do not have any charge (ie no charge for room rental and no per person charge). Does anyone know other resorts that have something like this? I would love to choose the Palace (I'd save $30,000) but the costs for my guests is too high...

Thanks so much!

Re: Mexico all inclusive resort private receptions?

• Options
    The Palace actually does have a charge. I am getting married there in September. They offer a complimentary dinner reservation for after the wedding for up to 30 people. However, any private function does have a price per person and set up charge. Where did it say there was no fee? 

If you meet all of the criteria though for benefits, you can get a private function free of charge. There is still a set up fee depending on the location. I would assume with the amount of guests you have you would qualify for the private function and just have to pay for a DJ and what not. 
  • Options
    Oh that's strange.. so my travel agent/planner must have a deal with the palace resorts and is able to waive the per person charge. Now I wish I could find a travel agent that can waive the per person charge at one of the resorts I actually want to get married at!
  • Options
    You might want to confirm with the Palace resorts. My mom is a travel agent and she has never heard of an agent having a deal where the resort will waive charges for private events. 

Having a travel agent is great, but you also want to make sure you are talking directly to the wedding coordinator at the resort. 
  • Options
    I know travel agents can work out deals for rooms/upgrade/and various benefits for groups, but being able to waive huge costs associated with the actual wedding and reception seems very odd. I would double check that. The worst thing would be to get incorrect information and be SOL later down the road.
  • Options
    Update: I'm also a member on bestdestinationwedding.com and I've noticed other people talking about the same thing. The Palace deal is available to anyone! I think you have to book a certain number of rooms. But yes you can have your wedding there with no per head cost. Also, you get unlimited private events. You can do a reception, rehearsal dinner, post wedding brunch, welcome dinner, etc. with no extra costs. 

Unfortunately I don't want to go to any of the Palace resorts :( Too bad the other resorts don't have the same option available. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards