Second Weddings
Options

Reposting here: Wording Help with kids for second wedding

Hi Everyone, 
And since everyone on the other side of these boards seem to not understand the important role that our children play in our lives I am re-posting here.....and right up front I totally get that our children cannot "host" in the traditional sense
So for a little backstory before the question, we have both been married before. FI and I have 4 kids total (6 year old twins, 7 yo and 10 yo) who are a big part of why we decided to have a "real" second wedding as opposed to eloping like we originally planned. They asked for a "wedding" and so we ran with it and are now having a fairly large wedding due to very large families on both sides. We are paying for the bulk of the wedding ourselves although we have some help from his parents (covering hall rental and a few small things) and mine (flowers and some other decor stuff). We are getting married at our church and then a reception after. We aren't planning anything terribly formal and I'm struggling coming up with wording for our invitations. We originally planned to include our kids on the invites but not our parents and now since they are kicking in some money it makes it a little more complicated.  I'm looking for ideas since I need to get them ordered soon, but most are fairly formal and for a first wedding and I haven't come across anything that I particularly love so far. I took my maiden name as my middle name when I married the first time and even after 10 years there are still people in my family who wouldn't realize it was me without using my maiden name somewhere on the invite or the return address label o

So ideas I have come up with so far are

Along with their families 
Groom Middle Last 
and
Bride Maiden Current
Invite you to the celebration of their wedding

OR

Kid one, two, three and four
Invite you to join them at the marriage of their parents
Groom Middle Last
and 
Bride Maiden Current

OR

Brides Parents and kids
and 
Grooms Parents and kids
along with
Bride Middle and Groom Middle
invite you to the celebration of their marriage

any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed

Re: Reposting here: Wording Help with kids for second wedding

• Options
    I like the first option, but would use "Together with their families" instead of "along." 
    You kids can give you away, but they can't host, so that's the main issue with listing them on the invite. You could list them in the program, have them introduced, have them as bridal party members.
    I get that they are a HUGE part of your life, but they don't belong on the invite. And to list that many names is going to make the invite look like a roll call instead of what is is supposed to be.
    GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    As a side note the Brides name goes above the Grooms on the invitation:

Together with their families
    Bride Maiden Current
    and 
    Groom Middle Last 
    Invite you to a celebration of their marriage
  • Options
    And I'd put "to celebrate their marriage." Celebration of their marriage sounds like you already got married. Or since it is at your church - honor of your presence….
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I also like "together with their families," as photokitty suggested. Your kids will be an important part of your big day because they are an important part of your life. Your parents will also feel included if the invitations are written this way. I would avoid using a whole bunch of names, just because it will overload the invitation. However, I also prefer clean, simplistic styles. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards