Delaware
Options

NWR: Antibiotics...

are horrible!

I have been on antibiotics for 12 days now, with 2 to go, for a stupid infection I got in my toe nail from breaking my toe.  Not only are they making me terribly nauseous (which is normal because its a super strong antibiotic) but they are changing the taste of things and I constantly taste like I have a dirty rubber shoe in my mouth.  Its really bad.  Oh, and the worst part, no alcohol for 48 hours before I started, none during and still none until 48 hours after I have finished the cycle.  Ugh!!!  And this morning begins my 2 days off and after the week I've had I am dying for a glass of wine during the Dancing With The Stars premier tonight.  Guess its ginger ale for me =(

Thanks for the vent, so on a lighter note.....whose excited for DWTS!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Antibiotics...

• Options
    uderin02uderin02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes they are....I take my last one this morning for sinus and septum surgery...I started them on March 1....20 days of pure delight.  I did however have a few drinks at the beginning of taking them and I 2 glasses of wine this weekend....but none for the duration because I was in so much pain and on narcotics.  Not to mention what they do to birth control pills...I was aleady nervous because I"m 7 months away from the big day...and now this to add to it!  Grrr...antibiotics!

I forgot DWTS started tonight...FI is away, so maybe I'll tune in!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just remember...they make birth control useless! eek!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kmd0501kmd0501 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no thats not always true.  Only some antibiotics can interfere with BC.  These ones dont.  Thats a question i always ask when I get put on new meds.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards