Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I just saw the impossible happen on WW UPDATED with link

kmmssgkmmssg mod
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited April 2014 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
Of course the bride has gone off in her corner crying after hiding the thread (I really hate that over there) but she is having a partial cash bar at her reception and she was getting a ton of flack from most of the others on WW.  ON WW!!!!! She pulled the plug on it but I was stunned at the number of people who were telling her it is bad etiquette and poor hosting.  There is hope...

She was offering a drink voucher at the beginning, 2 wine pours with dinner (DH and 2 of my 3 SIL's detest wine) and maybe a champaign toast.  Anything else was up to the guest.

Re: I just saw the impossible happen on WW UPDATED with link

• Options
    Do you have a link?
  • Options
    wow.

Random - but what is up with the 2 drink ticket  minium people always want to have?  1 hour reception 2 tickets,  5 hour reception 2 tickets.  Such a random number.  Why do we never see 3 or more tickets?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Haha, it only took her till the top of page two to start saying, "Our special day.. MY wedding... you have nothing to do with OUR wedding."

Then why did you post a hot-button issue on a message board???

And yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised with how many ladies over there are anti-cash bar.  There's hope.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    i like the part how she rather spend the money on a candy bar and a desert bar than the real bar.. i dont know where she is from but in connecticut all venues ( well the traditional banquet hall ones all offer full open bar in the package) i know in ma its separate charge.

that is so tacky me i hate wine so i would not be able to drink it so she would have wasted two pours on me . id just give mine to someone else. and im not going to pay for a drink when she is hosting me and my fi

id go to the bar all night and ask for water
  • Options
    Why can no one on that thread spell desserts correctly?!
  • Options
    As someone who posts on both TK and WW, I can gladly say that WW has become filled with many ladies who are very much up-to date with PROPER etiquette.

I'm so proud of them!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Vouchers just seem like a terrible idea to me for so many reasons.

At least the WW has settled down. How's the WB doung?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards