Chit Chat
Options

Favorite tv proposals

So I was watching my tv guilty pleasure "Hart of Dixie". The finale was tonight and for some reason I started to think of something that happened during season two of the show. It was one of the cutest tv proposals ever. I admit that it is very silly and if someone did this in real life I would completely side eye it but for some reason it doesn't bother me when it is a fictional couple.

What is your fave tv proposal?

Re: Favorite tv proposals

• Options
    BreMR said:
    Friends-- Monica & Chandler

This, I cry EVERY TIME! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    BreMR said:
    Friends-- Monica & Chandler

This, I cry EVERY TIME! 
    ME TOO!!!   Oh I just love the way they're holding hands and kneeling, and loving :)
  • Options
    Chandler and Monica, hands down.

Barney and Robin.
    Castle and Beckett.
    Jim and Pam.
    Harry and Charlotte.
    Glenn and Maggie.

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Chandler and Monica: I am a HUGE Friends fan. Every time I watch the proposal, I sob uncontrollably. Including The One with the Vows clip show when they show it.

Niles and Daphne: I'm watching Frasier for the first time, and we just got to this episode. The episode in general is structured really well, but I just loved that, in the end, he just asked and everything was still perfect. Low key and perfect.

Ben and Leslie: I cried so much you have no idea.

I liked the Castle/Beckett proposal, but I didn't like that it was a cliffhanger. And if anyone wants to talk about the finale PLEASE LET'S.

Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I honestly loved Michael proposing to Holly on The Office. He was just so weird and she was his perfect mate. No two people had every been put on this earth to be together (in fiction) more so than those two. Then he pulled off a beautiful romantic non weird proposal. 

What I did NOT like recently was the Suburgatory proposal. Both proposals between Malik and Lisa were stupid.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @phira‌ Let's talk about the final. Was Castle in the burning car? Who was after him? What do you think?
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    phira said:
    Chandler and Monica: I am a HUGE Friends fan. Every time I watch the proposal, I sob uncontrollably. Including The One with the Vows clip show when they show it.

Niles and Daphne: I'm watching Frasier for the first time, and we just got to this episode. The episode in general is structured really well, but I just loved that, in the end, he just asked and everything was still perfect. Low key and perfect.

I liked the Castle/Beckett proposal, but I didn't like that it was a cliffhanger. And if anyone wants to talk about the finale PLEASE LET'S.

They are my favorite tv couple. I love them.

I can't wait to watch the Castle finale episode. It's on my DVR, I just haven't had time yet.
  • Options
    arrippa said:

phira said:

They are my favorite tv couple. I love them.

I can't wait to watch the Castle finale episode. It's on my DVR, I just haven't had time yet.

Me neither! Need to catch it on demand.

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    Matthew and Lady Mary
  • Options
    rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    I really liked the most recent proposal between Penny and Leonard on The Big Bang Theory. I loved that it was so laid back and casual, took place in her apartment, and was more of a discussion than a surprise.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    RajahBMFD said:
    I really liked the most recent proposal between Penny and Leonard on The Big Bang Theory. I loved that it was so laid back and casual, took place in her apartment, and was more of a discussion than a surprise.
    I haven't been watching this season but THEY ARE ENGAGED??!?
  • Options
    The Leonard and Penny proposal was cute. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Barney and Robin
    Finn and Rachel
    Blaine and Kurt
    It wasn't an actual proposal but when Angel gave Buffy her claddagh will always be a top favorite tv moment
  • Options
    I can't find a video, but:

Mitch and Cam from Modern Family. :)
  • Options
    Fran and Maxwell The Nanny
    Harry and Charlotte 

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    Yeah, Mitch and Cam's proposal was pretty cool. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Definitely Chandler and Monica. My favorite show!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I love Monica and Chandlers, Mitch and Cams, and Penny and Leonards too.
  • Options
    I love Lorelai and Lukes it was perfect. I was waiting forevvverrr for that one to happen! And Lorelai and Maxs too, those daisies were awesome.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    @phira‌ Let's talk about the final. Was Castle in the burning car? Who was after him? What do you think?
    I'm sure he wasn't, but I have NO idea who was behind it. I thought that the Bracken storyline got wrapped up too nicely and neatly, so it could be that. Could be the mob group that they screwed over at the end of the episode. Could be 3XK; he's still out there!

I did not like the Barney and Robin proposal, and I *did* want them to be a couple. It was just really skeeved out because, just like Robin pointed out in season 9, the entire proposal involved manipulating her and lying to her. The amount of deception and gaslighting Barney engaged in was disgusting, and I couldn't really be happy for either of them.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

I am all about Pam and Jim.  Their entire story is amazing and makes me cry every time.  I also absolutely love his toast at the rehearsal dinner.  So amazingly sweet.
    Also, I'm partial to the Lorelei and Luke proposal.  That being said, I saw it once I owned the seasons, so I didn't have to wait for the cliffhanger.

THIS. I actually loved the Lorelei and Max "1000 yellow daisies" proposal too llike a million years ago on Gilmore Girls. It was over the top, but it also spoke to the fact that he had really listened to her and that marriage was far more than just that moment but he wanted to give her that moment anyway.
  • Options
    Annie and Liam (the 2nd time) on 90210

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Derek and Meredith in the elevator with the X-rays (just realized that sounds like a game of clue)
  • Options
    I am all about Pam and Jim.  Their entire story is amazing and makes me cry every time.  I also absolutely love his toast at the rehearsal dinner.  So amazingly sweet.
    Also, I'm partial to the Lorelei and Luke proposal.  That being said, I saw it once I owned the seasons, so I didn't have to wait for the cliffhanger.
    THIS. I actually loved the Lorelei and Max "1000 yellow daisies" proposal too llike a million years ago on Gilmore Girls. It was over the top, but it also spoke to the fact that he had really listened to her and that marriage was far more than just that moment but he wanted to give her that moment anyway.
    I almost put Lorelei and Max, because of the 1000 yellow daisies, but I like that she asked Luke, and there wasn't anything romantic really.  She just knew right then that he was the right one because he was saying what she was feeling.  And the romance no longer mattered to her, and she just asked him.  It was simple and brilliant.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Marshall and Lilly's proposal was better than Barney and Robin's.

• Options
    I loved Chandler and Monica's proposal, I also liked Barney and Robin's but I feel the finale ruined that quite a bit.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards