Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Wedding in Plymouth, MA

My fiance and I have decided we want to get married in Plymouth, MA. We checked out Plymouth Cruises and are eager to use their services, but it won't do for the ceremony as we had hoped (it's lovely for a rehearsal dinner or group activity). It's run by a cute couple who are willing to go above and beyond to give you just the experience you're looking for; I highly recommend them if anyone in the area is looking for a quaint engagment party or bridal shower. Our second choice venue is the Cold Spring Chapel. Has anyone checked it out or been to a wedding there? We peaked in the windows and it's the perfect size for the intimate gathering we hope to have, plus close to the water so we won't lose that feel. Now I need to find a venue for our "first reception" (we will be hosting a bigger party in CT later in the summer). We want a simple luncheon or brunch close to the chapel (on Court Street). We love the Plymouth history and the fact it's a quintessential New England, shoreline town. So any way we can play this up would be exciting. 

Re: Wedding in Plymouth, MA

• Options
    I ran across the East Bay Grille a few days ago. I've done some more research on them today, they seem to be well recommended. Can anyone else concur?
  • Options
    Hi!
    I am also getting married in Plymouth this summer.
    I did also look into Cold Spring Chapel...from what I saw and the information I was given, it really is beautiful!! (We decided against it just b/c it wasn't our style) but the lady who sent the information was very helpful and pleasant.
    I am having my reception at East Bay Grille actually.  We are having a small group so instead of doing the full scale tent on the lawn thing, we are renting out their private dining room and doing a Friday night dinner.  (They also have a great brunch option, apparently).  Their prices are decent, no site fee (if you don't use the tent) and Kelsey has been great to work with!!!  They are very permissive as far as music, decorations, open flame, etc.  It's on the waterfront and while the dining room doesn't have a view of it, guests can pop out the back door and have a beautiful waterfront view.  They have free valet parking, which in summer is invaluable!  I know there are a lot of other great restaurants on the waterfront.  I believe it's called The Union FIsh Company or somehing like that...they have a great atmosphere and their menu seemed good.
    Just for another tip...we are doing our ceremony outside in Brewster Gardens.  It's a free venue and once you apply with the town, they reserve the whole park for you.  It's right across from the harbor so you get private garden mixed with waterfront.
    Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    east bay has great food...I'm not sure exactly what they do for wedding things, but just as a night out the food is good
  • Options
    That sounds perfect jparris! Thanks for the input. I really appreciate all the help I can get, planning this from a distance is making it that much more stressful!
    We looked into the East Bay Grille, they were booked on our date :( Brunch is the number one reason I looked there. But we've decided to go with a clambake reception instead.  I'll have to check out The Union Fish Company.... and Brewster Gardens. 
  • Options
    I went to a wedding at Brewster Gardens a a few years ago. It was beautiful and only a few steps away from Plymouth rock and the ocean. 

Good Luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_wedding-in-plymouth-ma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:08f4be53-8167-436e-8a2d-58ccb66b68cePost:72be18df-93e7-49fe-b9e3-8d20a2e14728">Re: Wedding in Plymouth, MA</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I am also getting married in Plymouth this summer. I did also look into Cold Spring Chapel...from what I saw and the information I was given, it really is beautiful!! (We decided against it just b/c it wasn't our style) but the lady who sent the information was very helpful and pleasant. I am having my reception at East Bay Grille actually.  We are having a small group so instead of doing the full scale tent on the lawn thing, we are renting out their private dining room and doing a Friday night dinner.  (They also have a great brunch option, apparently).  Their prices are decent, no site fee (if you don't use the tent) and Kelsey has been great to work with!!!  They are very permissive as far as music, decorations, open flame, etc.  It's on the waterfront and while the dining room doesn't have a view of it, guests can pop out the back door and have a beautiful waterfront view.  They have free valet parking, which in summer is invaluable!  I know there are a lot of other great restaurants on the waterfront.  I believe it's called The Union FIsh Company or somehing like that...they have a great atmosphere and their menu seemed good. Just for another tip...we are doing our ceremony outside in Brewster Gardens.  It's a free venue and once you apply with the town, they reserve the whole park for you.  It's right across from the harbor so you get private garden mixed with waterfront. Good luck!!!!
    Posted by jparris14[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi, jparris! I just got engaged 2 weeks ago (YAY!!!), so my wedding planning is still in its beginning stages. Plymouth is a very significant spot for us-had our 1st date at Cabby Shack, then a walk on the jetty, where the 1st kiss happened, also where my boyfriend proposed to me 2 1/2 years after that...So, we are looking at all the possible options of having a wedding there. Brewster gardens is our primary choice to hold the ceremony at. I was wondering what did you have to do in order to reserve it for a specific date, and how easy it was? Also, do you know if they allow chairs to be set up there? All the related info is very much appreciated! :) Thanks!</div>
  • Options
    Hi rusnevesta!

Brewster Gardens is our 1st choice for our ceremony, followed by reception at East Bay Grille. Did you end up getting married there or getting an answer about the chair set up, etc?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards