Getting in Shape
Options

Trouble staying motivated

I really want to lose 35lbs (my real goal was 25lbs but i'm trying to push it)  for my wedding in 6-13-15.

Any suggestions on workouts? I have been going to the gym regularly but missed out completely all of last week. Ugh and the weight doesn't seem to be coming off as fast as it used to.

Re: Trouble staying motivated

• Options
     I feel your pain. It was so much easier to lose weight when I was in my 20s. And I too have trouble staying motivated. I started working out with a trainer at the gym twice a week. She's fantastic and she really helps me stay on track. 
  • Options
    Hi and congrats ladies :) I am also a 2015 bride! (9.12.15) I had 50 pounds... I have lost 25 and a ton of inches but now I'm bored with all of my workouts and have been becoming too lax in my diet! I'm a pastry chef and have been indulging a little too much lately. I need help staying motivated to finish losing those last 25 pounds! As far as workouts...I've actually fallen in love with lifting. It's really changed my body. So I decided I'm going to be starting p90x this week. Have you tried any of the hardcore beach body workouts? They're great! I did really well with insanity. You could try that maybe? Or try a more lifting intensive routine? Try mixing it up every few weeks perhaps? Ah! Idk I'm struggling too! I hope this helps! I'm trying to just reach anywhere for help staying on track and with my eye on the prize. Have you guys found anything that has helped??
  • Options
    Keeping my workouts different each time is helping me. I was having trouble for awhile with eating healthy and working out for about a week, then losing my motivation.

FI and I recently joined a gym where they offer different classes and that has helped me tremendously. Yoga, Zumba, Pilates, etc. I'm actually bummed bc we had something come up tonight that's making me miss my Zumba class that I was actually looking forward to! So variety is essential, at least for me.

I definitely agree that the weight comes off slower than it used to :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Are you watching what you eat? That is key in weight loss, if you workout but don't eat healthy, you will not lose the weight. I eat low carb and workout 4 days a week or so and that works awesome!!!
  • Options

I am with @beachyone15 on this one. Variety is what has bee helping me stay motivated. I have lost 13 pounds so far because of it!

I like to alternate between Pure Barre, Yoga, Kickboxing, and Circuit Training. I have also recently started using My Fitess Pal and it has been helping so much!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I just posted a thread about possibly pulling together an accountability group for accountability etc.  I've had REALLY great experiences with Focus T25, 21 day fix and most recently have started PiYo..  The thread is called "Accountability group to get in shape"...I think this could be a fun way to get motivated and have fun working out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards