Texas
Options

San Antonio Riverwalk hotels?

We are trying to book the wedding night suite. We would like to stay downtown on the Riverwalk, but beyond that we are at a total loss. I imagined booking a honeymoon suite, but I guess they don't call them honeymoon suites anymore. Any good hotel suggestions? I feel lost when it comes to this.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: San Antonio Riverwalk hotels?

• Options
    Kimi,

I've stayed at 2 hotels on the Riverwalk for business.  The Hyatt at the convention center was wonderful and convenient.  You can mention that you're there for your wedding night, and they offer a "honeymoon" booking option which includes champagne.  The Marriotts and Hiltons are also very nice.  I had a friend that stayed at the historical hotel (woman's name, I think) right next to the Alamo.  She said it was great for an old hotel.  You can't really go wrong with the hotels on the actual river.  

I'm thinking cost will be your determining factor.  Just note that without looking at tripadvisor/yelp reviews online, it may be hard to determine the quality of the non-name brand hotel options.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi there,

A beautiful one - that has luxury jacuzzi rooms with balcony that I would love if we could stay at is called the "Mokara Hotel and Spa". 

Its pretty pricey - but if that's your only honeymoon - not bad :) 
  • Options
    Kimi,

I've stayed at 2 hotels on the Riverwalk for business.  The Hyatt at the convention center was wonderful and convenient.  You can mention that you're there for your wedding night, and they offer a "honeymoon" booking option which includes champagne.  The Marriotts and Hiltons are also very nice.  I had a friend that stayed at the historical hotel (woman's name, I think) right next to the Alamo.  She said it was great for an old hotel.  You can't really go wrong with the hotels on the actual river.  

I'm thinking cost will be your determining factor.  Just note that without looking at tripadvisor/yelp reviews online, it may be hard to determine the quality of the non-name brand hotel options.

Good luck!
    That's the Emily Morgan Hotel next to the Alamo... it is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards