Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Had both my bachelorrette and shower this weekend!

Just what it says had my bachelorrette and shower Saturday in LI - We did a wine tour - limo and everything! :)

Sunday was my shower and my step-mom did such a great job. Everything was beautiful.

But I need some words of advice. One of my good friends who I've known since early highschool who is also a bridemaids attended both. She took the ferry over Saturday morning and my sister - also my maid of honor picked her and a few other girls up. Well this friend showed up very hungover, as her boyfriends birthday is this week (we actually had to pull over in the limo and let her out to puke). That wasnt a big deal I laughed really hard at that but Sunday she got ready at my house and had to run to her parents house to get cash for my sister who hosted the bachelorrette. Well she shows up to the shower and tells me her mom wasnt home and she was gonna have to leave the shower and come back to meet her mom at the bank. This was gonna be at 2. My shower was 12-4. Ok still not a big deal. What I am upset about is she left and never came back. She did help with games before she left but I only had my 2 sisters who are in the wedding party that were able to help with other things. I just thought a little more effort could have been on her part to since two other bridesmaids couldnt make it since they are out of state.

Am I being unreasonable?

Re: Had both my bachelorrette and shower this weekend!

• Options
    She sounds a little flakey and that would be annoying, but she has a life and her boyfriend's birthday was a priority over your events. She still made the effort to be there - I'd let it go. 

While all brides want their BM's to excited and willing to attend all the pre-wedding parties, it just isn't always the case and it should be held against them. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    She sounds a little flakey and that would be annoying, but she has a life and her boyfriend's birthday was a priority over your events. She still made the effort to be there - I'd let it go. 

While all brides want their BM's to excited and willing to attend all the pre-wedding parties, it just isn't always the case and it should be held against them. GL!

Yeah I know lol. I thought she was being flakey as well. It almost was like she coudnt pay my sister so decided to skip out. Oh well.

I still had a great weekend. It helped too that two of my friends (not in the bridal party) stepped up! So thats all that matters!

• Options
    I would have preferred she stay home, if she was puking. A phone call to the host would be the polite. If she agreed to pay your sister for something, let her work it out. The bride shouldn't get involved in that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards